21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
Still waiting on my "new" rear caliper covers. I sent mine back to MGP to be machined again to fit the larger hub of the 200S. Instead of machining mine and sending them back they decided to redesign the rears. Apparently I will receive the first set of redesigned rear covers. Should ship today hopefully so I should have them installed and post pictures early next week.

Reactions: Pennhaven

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Still waiting on my "new" rear caliper covers. I sent mine back to MGP to be machined again to fit the larger hub of the 200S. Instead of machining mine and sending them back they decided to redesign the rears. Apparently I will receive the first set of redesigned rear covers. Should ship today hopefully so I should have them installed and post pictures early next week.
You mean the thicker profile of the 19" wheels, shouldn't matter if the car is S or C. Thanks for the update though.

·
Registered
365 Posts
For some reason the MGP Caliper Covers just don't do it for me. I saw that MOPAR has some Brembo style front brake calipers in the works on one of their MOPAR show cars, and I would be interested in something like that I suppose. Otherwise I was looking at painting my calipers in the Interim.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah the mopar brakes look awesome, the slotted rotors and the calipers are very cool. I couldn't justify paying for the caliper covers so i just plasti dipped mine black. And to all the people that are gonna flame on plasti dipping it, it has been on it for about a month and looks good as day 1. But the main reason to dipping was its a lease and i need it removable + if i don't like the color well, it just peels off!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Think I am gonna bite the bullet and get them in red... but first I am going to see if Mopar has any for the 200. They finally just released the Mopar Appearance kit in Vivid Blue, I had bothered them about that for so long. So I am thinking of doing it all.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Think I am gonna bite the bullet and get them in red... but first I am going to see if Mopar has any for the 200. They finally just released the Mopar Appearance kit in Vivid Blue, I had bothered them about that for so long. So I am thinking of doing it all.
Hey. I continue to be happy with mine. They still are like new and definitely continue to look a whole lot better than the stock caliper. While I still think the price could be better, I guess the market just isn't attractive enough for competition to push the price down. So it is what it is, a semi-custom, low-volume, premium-priced item.

·
Super Moderator
2,622 Posts
I think they look nice! My only concern is that maybe these might contribute to holding in the heat from the brake pads? :confused:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I think they look nice! My only concern is that maybe these might contribute to holding in the heat from the brake pads? :confused:
There is air flow between the cover and caliper, so I doubt there is any risk of increased heat build up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I do not have the space to put these on my car myself, so would dealers do this fairly low of charge?

And thank you for the added input. :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I do not have the space to put these on my car myself, so would dealers do this fairly low of charge?

And thank you for the added input. :)
I don't know what a dealer would charge. It likely would depend on the dealer - but at least twice what it's worth would be my guess.;)

I bought wheel locks the day my car was delivered and they quoted $25 to "install" them, a job which literally takes five minutes.

But seriously, let's say, you are also having the tires rotated, then IMO an additional half hour of labor to install the caliper covers wouldn't be unreasonable.

Or, to do the covers alone, say 3/4 hour total.

But then, even if the time is fair, at the hourly rate most dealers charge, the value for the money still isn't likely to be any bargain..

·
Registered
196 Posts
That is what I am worried about, them charging me an arm and a leg. I was going to wait when they were doing an oil change and rotating my tires anyway ifI went along with this purchase. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got a set of the MGP Caliper Covers as well for my '15 200 S. I got a little crafty with them and wrapped them in blue reflective high heat grade vinyl then ordered some high heat vinyl Mopar decals and put those on too. I wanted something that really pops and these did the trick. I just took the photo, dont mind the dirtiness. I need to get my baby washed but I've been busy. I'll try to get a night picture with the flash because when light hits these covers, they glow bright baby blue. 20161104_134459.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,622 Posts
There is air flow between the cover and caliper, so I doubt there is any risk of increased heat build up.
Maybe I will try em' they do look nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is a full shot of my 200. Also to answer some questions, these caliper covers do act as a heatsink and actually draw off a little heat from your brake calipers. Another thing is they grearly reduce the amount of break pad dust you get on your rims and tires without getting themselves dirty as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
chrysler side view.jpg I got the red covers with the chrysler logo on them...Ive had mine for just over a year and went thru one winter thus far and have to say i dealt with some harsh, snow, salt, slush you name it..They still look great..I did apply some spray wax before i installed them..I did however had to put wheel spacers on which was fine cuz i had all intentions on putting some on to bring out the wheels some..I went with the 3/4" and got them in black..Had to get new luggz too so overall spacers+longer lugz was bit pricey but worth it.. new caliper covers2.jpg new caliper covers.jpg

21 - 40 of 51 Posts