Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my check engine came on my Chrysler 200 limited 2.4 said to replace crankshaft sensor so i did then someone said it should do the cam so i did in-between this broke the connector to cam sensor so replaced it we have relearned the system but my car is still doing the same thing someone please help me

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,156 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Which P-code did you get? There could be 2 or 3 possible cam/crank position sensor codes.
A fault code will never tell you to replace a part, it only tells you what circuit the problem is in. It may or may not be the part itself. You will need to diagnose the problem from a list of Possible Causes and repair it.
What year is this car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums. Which P-code did you get? There could be 2 or 3 possible cam/crank position sensor codes.
A fault code will never tell you to replace a part, it only tells you what circuit the problem is in. It may or may not be the part itself. You will need to diagnose the problem from a list of Possible Causes and repair it.
What year is this car?
It's a2012

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,156 Posts
Is it stalling or misfiring? Is the fault code P0335 or P0339? Did the new sensors make any difference?
There were some suspect sensors (see attached). Were the replacement sensors OEM (not necessarily Mopar)?
The TSB # 18-080-16 doesn't address any cam/crank sensor issues, but it may improve driving quality.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts