Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 200 touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The black duct running vertical next to the inlet and outlet hoses for the heater core. I’m not sure what it is but I just noticed water (possibly coolant) coming out out the bottom of it last night after driving around town but I had my three year old with me and couldn’t crawl around and check what the fluid was. I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 with the 2.4l if that helps. I’m just trying to find out what exactly that part is so I can go from there as far as finding out what’s going on with my car.
359B352D-F84E-4985-A35E-4A633ADA9A65.jpeg
5C8FC620-7D55-4276-A8FF-2B4A5A385D59.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
349 Posts
Welcome to the forums. That is a water drain tube for the wiper/cowl plenum. Water dripping from this is normal during or after a rainfall.
It is only if the drain gets plugged up with leaves, etc. that water will come into the car through the HVAC fresh air intake. Usually this causes a wet carpet on the passenger side.

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 200 touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that’s good to know and thank you for the quick response. I’ve browsed the forum for a little while now since I’ve owned my 200 that I bought for my wife a little over a year ago and it’s been very useful. Without it I definitely wouldn’t have tracked down my coolant loss to my thermostat housing which wasn’t as complicated of a swap as reading up on it made it sound but my leaking transmission cooler lines will have to settle for just being tightened with clamps until I can find the time and space to take off the whole front clip to replace them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts