Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Chrysler 200
Hi all:
My wife's 2016 Chrysler 200 with Homelink started to "forget" it's programming to our garage door opener. Fast forward to a new garage door opener and again it worked for a day maybe two or three cycles and then stops working. It now doesn't "accept" programming. I clear all programs and get back to a slow fashing light. It will seem to accept programming but seems to stay in the flashing mode. Based on that I go to the head unit and hit the learn button , run to the car and hit the flashing programmed button three times at two second intervals but no joy. While I may have found a new way to exercise running back and forth between head unit and car, I am thinking perhaps the flash memory in the visor is defective. Having a 2011 Chrysler 200 which connected with little to no effort to the same opener and also never had issues with the previous opener I am leaning toward bad memory in the visor. Any help verifying this is appreciated.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did you do the part where you need to use an existing remote to program the rolling code (holding the remote button and the homelink at the same time until it goes from slow flashing to rapid flashing)? This comes before you use the learn button. If you skipped this step it might explain why it worked a bit and then stopped since it may have not known the correct protocol for the rolling code and lost sync.

·
Registered
861 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts