Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
Anyone know why the 2015 200c, when you rev the car high it will sit there for maybe 3 sec then go back down to normal rpm?
Welcome to the forum Jvarela(2015200c) !

Your vehicle has electronic throttle by wire connections. There is no physical connection between the gas pedal and the throttle body / fuel delivery. A slight lag would seem acceptable, but since your complaining of a condition, which may or may not be normal, it's best to have a certified mechanic look at the vehicle.
It's also like looking for a needle in a haystack. So many things could contribute to what you describe.
No way to diagnose accurately any problem though a web site.

·
Super Moderator
2,406 Posts
In addition to what is stated above this is 100% normal for a newer vehicle. For lack of a very technical explanation, when you rev it full or near full throttle it changes fuel mixture and timing advance and it "thinks" you want to go... essentially the engine is going to "high power mode" then back to "economy mode" and it's waiting a few seconds for more driver input before it "de-tunes" itself - brings the question - why are you revving it in park/neutral?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah okay no problem, I was just thinking of getting a flow master or something like that so I rev to see how it sounded before I change it and noticed that it stays high for that 3 sec. just didn’t know if there was a way to make it not do that and rev clean. Not a big deal though.

·
Super Moderator
2,406 Posts
Ah okay no problem, I was just thinking of getting a flow master or something like that so I rev to see how it sounded before I change it and noticed that it stays high for that 3 sec. just didn’t know if there was a way to make it not do that and rev clean. Not a big deal though.
I am pretty sure a tune will do it IIRC. I tuned my 13' 200S V6 but it's been a while since I have had that car. My 15' has the factory tune - sorta.

Stock tune revs are limited to 4000-4500(?) in park and neutral after the engine has reached normal operating temperature. You can change this value with a tuner. Not sure if it still hangs on after you letup tho...

·
Registered
54 Posts
How would you tune it?? That something I could do myself at home?
You can, but it's not a cheap endeavor. You need HP Tuners (about $500-600) and an unlocked PCM, which has to be sent out to be done and costs around $250 (if I remember correctly). There are some shops that will do it also, but it isn't a whole lot cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Pitter98
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing