Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 200 2.4L . Car goes to full revs (max. as if floored) on start up after driving in cold (-5F and colder), This happens after being parked in heated underground garage for +8 hours (+65 F 19C). Dealers have had 5 cracks at it to fix but certainly no success. TB has been inspected and cleaned no codes ever show. When it goes full rev I quickly turn off and then immediate restart and all is fine. Just the initial start. Also does not do it after driving in warmer weather... only after cold. Also does not do it when started in -20 degrees and parked outside for many hours. Happens only after driving in cold and parking in warm garage for many ....Hopefully someone can help.
Thanks

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,695 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
The drivers floormat stays under the accelerator pedal?
Did the dealer actually witness the throttle issue? If not, an inspection and cleaning may have been a "Hail Mary" attempt at repair. It may need a throttle body replacement.
If you have documented repair attempts from before the basic warranty expired, FCA may help with coverage.
They would have to verify a defective throttle body first, but that would be my gut feeling. It is a sealed unit. There is no throttle body service. Chrysler has no recommended 'cleaning' procedure for the electronic throttle control (ETC).
It could also be a large, intermittent vacuum leak or throttle plate icing?
There is also a recommended TSB # 18-003-18 for improved cold idle and cold idle flare/surge, among other things. See attached:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 200 2.4L . Car goes to full revs (max. as if floored) on start up after driving in cold (-5F and colder), This happens after being parked in heated underground garage for +8 hours (+65 F 19C). Dealers have had 5 cracks at it to fix but certainly no success. TB has been inspected and cleaned no codes ever show. When it goes full rev I quickly turn off and then immediate restart and all is fine. Just the initial start. Also does not do it after driving in warmer weather... only after cold. Also does not do it when started in -20 degrees and parked outside for many hours. Happens only after driving in cold and parking in warm garage for many ....Hopefully someone can help.
Thanks
Hi. Have you since had a fix for this? I forgot about my car doing this but since it’s been parked out in the -30s it hasn’t been happening. Same with mine. It only happens in the garage and it really floors it. I’m worried the engine will blow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts