Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
The exhaust manifolds with the catalytic converters are integrated into the heads on the 3.6 Pentastar. That's why there's no headers for any FCA vehicle with a 3.6 Pentastar. As far as bypasing the 3rd catalytic converter, maybe 1/3 of 1 WHP would be gained if you went with a pipe the correct diameter, otherwise you'd lose flow and make less HP than stock. That and you'd have to do something to trick the O2 sensors. Seems like alot of $$ and time to do at best a very marginal gain. It would be better to clean out any clutter from your interior for weight loss to gain more acceleration etc...

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The exhaust manifolds with the catalytic converters are integrated into the heads on the 3.6 Pentastar. That's why there's no headers for any FCA vehicle with a 3.6 Pentastar. As far as bypasing the 3rd catalytic converter, maybe 1/3 of 1 WHP would be gained if you went with a pipe the correct diameter, otherwise you'd lose flow and make less HP than stock. That and you'd have to do something to trick the O2 sensors. Seems like alot of $$ and time to do at best a very marginal gain. It would be better to clean out any clutter from your interior for weight loss to gain more acceleration etc...
I believe we only have 2 converters , and the rear one is a flow nightmare .
I plan on putting a supercharger on it , so I will need more flow.
My guy just emailed me today that the flanges were done and he was working on the pipes .

·
Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
I believe we only have 2 converters , and the rear one is a flow nightmare .
I plan on putting a supercharger on it , so I will need more flow.
My guy just emailed me today that the flanges were done and he was working on the pipes .
Nice! A supercharger will make it a monster and a half.

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm very interested but can't seem to find anyone that makes them..
I'm getting them made by a major Mopar focused company that is about 45 minutes away. They are big in the SRT4 and SRT6 world.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It's still illegal, a violation of federal law, punishable by $2,500 fine. Whether you get caught or not, it's a stupid thing to do. If you ever sell the car, you can be made in most states to pay for restoration of it so that it passes emissions for the buyer. And it pollutes the air 5 to 10x more than with a converter, injures people like my wife who has asthma, and others with lung disease.

·
Super Moderator
2,574 Posts
I have asthma and allergies I can relate.

American Lung Association recommends and supports the use of E85. Running E85 does more than a catcon could ever do running gasoline anyway.

If every vehicle on the road that used petroleum was no longer on the road, factories still would produce enough pollution to make things difficult for us and people with normal lungs.

I am not saying it's "OK" and to go crazy and roll coal, but fact remains that yes tampering with emissions equipment is illegal in the US at a federal level in all states FOR VEHICLES DRIVEN ON THE PUBLIC ROADWAY, that's all I have to say about that. So a "test pipe" or a "catless downpipe" is perfectly legal at the track or on other private property.

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's still illegal, a violation of federal law, punishable by $2,500 fine. Whether you get caught or not, it's a stupid thing to do. If you ever sell the car, you can be made in most states to pay for restoration of it so that it passes emissions for the buyer. And it pollutes the air 5 to 10x more than with a converter, injures people like my wife who has asthma, and others with lung disease.
It's for off-road use only. And I'll be running e85 . I'm not sure your 5-10 times more pollution with a catless e85 car holds up.
And I'm sure the .ooooo1% of catless 200s isn't going to impact the world.

2015 200s 3.6 AWD
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I finally was able to pick up the first prototype set . After I get a baseline horsepower during the coil shootout , I will install these and go back to test them .

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts