Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing the rear speakers is really easy also just like the front speakers.

Pop open your trunk Fold down your seats and you will need to remove 4 plastic retainers holding the black underdeck cover on. (3 in the back, 1 in the front of it(middle) Mine had 2 additional holes, but no retainers. I don't know if that is the case in all 200's or not. After these 4 retainers are out you can pull the underdeck cover out.

IMG_0928.jpg IMG_0929.jpg IMG_0942.jpg

Top deck cover is held in by 2 plastic retainers. Remove these and you will be able to pull the deck cover out. there is a part of the deck cover that is behind some plastic on the right and left side of the car. Pull out of here first. and voila...there's your speakers.

IMG_0937.jpg IMG_0939.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
4 screws hold in each speaker. Remember to unplug the speaker harness for each one in the trunk
IMG_0944.jpg IMG_0945.jpg

Put your new speakers in place and screw in. After that plug them back in. You will see that I have T-Taps on my wiring. This was done so that I could keep my factory unit and still install a sub by using a convertor.

IMG_0948.jpg IMG_0950.jpg IMG_0952.jpg

After you have your speakers hooked back up, reinstall the upper deck cover and the underdeck cover and you're done!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Optional is the extra wiring I used for the speaker level convertor that I just T-tapped into my speaker wiring.

IMG_0952.jpg IMG_0953.jpg IMG_0954.jpg IMG_0955.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you add an amp or just swap the speakers? How do they sound?
I am thinking about doing something similar but I am not ready to do it yet if I have to add an amp.

THanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Pop open your trunk Fold down your seats and you will need to remove 4 plastic retainers holding the black underdeck cover on. (3 in the back, 1 in the front of it(middle) Mine had 2 additional holes, but no retainers. I don't know if that is the case in all 200's or not. After these 4 retainers are out you can pull the underdeck cover out.

View attachment 577 View attachment 578 View attachment 585

Top deck cover is held in by 2 plastic retainers. Remove these and you will be able to pull the deck cover out. there is a part of the deck cover that is behind some plastic on the right and left side of the car. Pull out of here first. and voila...there's your speakers.

View attachment 581 View attachment 583
Thanks for sharing installation process. But I need new rear speakers so which is the best choice under $300 budget.

·
Registered
300 Posts

Pop open your trunk Fold down your seats and you will need to remove 4 plastic retainers holding the black underdeck cover on. (3 in the back, 1 in the front of it(middle) Mine had 2 additional holes, but no retainers. I don't know if that is the case in all 200's or not.
Thanks!! I thought i lost 2 of them clips. Spent the entire afternoon looking for them. **** engineers put the holes there why not put in 2 extra clips!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there really a point to changing them?

This car puts out plenty of sound as is...can there really be that much of a difference?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Oh yea, there is a huge diff from the oems to aftermarkets.
As far as best speakers under $300, that's more of a personal preference. I would say dont buy cheapos but dont break the bank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for sharing installation process. But I need new rear speakers so which is the best choice under $300 budget.
Still waiting for some good options..
Go to Crutchfield.com. I got a pair of Kicker 6x9s with wire harnesses for under $100. Some of the best I've heard are Focal, they will go up to $250 for a pair of 6x9s. If you want 6 1/2 speakers, crutchfield will give you a mounting bracket as well for free. If they don't have the 2015 model on the site yet, use 2014 as it is the same bracket and harness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still waiting for some good options..[/QUOTE]

Go to Crutchfield.com. I got a pair of Kicker 6x9s with wire harnesses for under $100. Some of the best I've heard are Focal, they will go up to $250 for a pair of 6x9s. If you want 6 1/2 speakers, crutchfield will give you a mounting bracket as well for free. If they don't have the 2015 model on the site yet, use 2014 as it is the same bracket and harness.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Still wish I didn't spend $75 on mine and went with a rear delete. The 12" sub seriously just knocks them out of the picture entirely.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the LX with Bluetooth radio and was thinking of putting my old 6 1/2 in her cuz it isnt very loud but dont want to get into opening the dash up and messing around with an amp so think I'll try this and see how it goes!! Thanks for sharing!!​

·
Registered
371 Posts
Keep them hidden. For sure don't cut holes in the factory deck lid cover.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
KKreit01, in a previous thread you responded to me that the rear speakers were full range. At the moment I have a set of Kicker 3 way CS 6x9's and I feel like I've lost low end compared to the OEM speakers. Are these actually mid bass drivers, not full range? If they are midbass, has anyone had experience with these?

http://www.amazon.com/CL-69SUB-CF-Carbon-Midwoofers-Subwoofers/dp/B006VYVVZ2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0RT1DMZJNHXXGCDGWJSR
Did you have the OE Boston system to start with? I did, and I also lost boomy bass when I replaced the rear speakers. Putting in mid/sub drivers will not help if they are still run off the OE deck (or amp?). The factory drivers are matched to the source, and will typically produce the most bass. It's not clear bass, but it's the loudest. You'd have to start adding amps (or DSP) in order to correct the issue. In my case, I ended up replacing everything.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do not have the Boston. I plan on doing the head unit and the door speakers as well. I just had the Kicker's from a different car so I decided to throw them in

1 - 20 of 25 Posts