Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have changed the camshaft sensors and selinoid I have also ordered the injectors in case that is WhT needs fixing not sure why this continues to happen. At some point I took my car to a mechanic to replace a starter a while ago and he forgot the gas pipe and started the car where the whole hood was caught on fire. Not sure if this has to do with the wire harness.
Font Technology Screenshot Terrestrial plant Electric blue

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,075 Posts
This added information helps. These faults appeared after the fire?
The fuel injectors have nothing to do with these codes.
Crankshaft & Camshaft position sensors interact to a degree. The cams can vary timing. The crank doesn't.

How extensive was the fire damage? Was an insurance report written? This could still be an electrical failure related to the fire.
In addition to the P000b, here is the Possible Causes of the other faults. Whatever all of them share in common needs to be looked at closely.

This is more than a cam sensor & solenoid. It could be engine mechanical (plastic under the cam cover) if things got hot enough?
I would re-open any insurance claim and get this to a dealer for a diagnostic evaluation.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Display device

Font Number Screenshot Rectangle Parallel

Rectangle Font Parallel Multimedia Web page

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
recently I had an issue where the TPS, CPS, oil switch and the APPS (a sensor connected to the foot feed fly by wire)
The apparent problem was the 5V reference voltage was 2.5V, I finally traced it to the 5V reference wire being crushed by the oil filter ( had a shop service the filter) and having a 50 ohm short to ground. Measure the reference voltage, measure the resistance to ground, it should be K ohm or greater. that fire has melted a wire or two together so start walking back from your devices, you may have to remove the wrap so you can look or feel what you can't see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts