Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning gentleman,

I have a 2013 200, and I was curious if anyone knew the location of the drains in the car and the procedure for clearing them I have unfortunately had to park under a tree for the last few weeks and there are needles all over my car I have a feeling that they may be accumulating in the drains as well...Oregon, what can you do. Lol

Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you have a sun roof and are constantly parking under trees, I'd bet the sun roof drains will get clogged pretty fast. the drains are accessible if you remove both front A pillars, the front door weather stripping, possibly the sun visor... you can get access to the drain tubes if you pull down (CAREFULLY) on the headliner. blow them out with compressed air.

·
Registered
410 Posts
When I used to park outside with the leaves falling down, I used to jam 2 black garbage bags over the front intake, held down by each wiper

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
****, a little harder than I thought.
I do have the sun roof as well. Can I clear them without any headliner removal? How hard is it to remove the a-pilar?

Any on the back that run down the trunk into the rear bumper?

Thank you! Good idea with the trash bags..**** trees

·
Registered
98 Posts
Pulling the A pillars is pretty easy, theres either a bolt in the O-**** handle or its held in by clips. be careful as I know some Chryslers have this odd clip with a plastic lanyard (something like that) which needs to be removed when pulling down the pillars. once the pillars are out, you can lightly pull down on the headliner to access the drain tubes. blow em out with compressed air from the top where they connect to the drainage tray.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Capecodmopar
Chrysler 200 Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Chrysler 200 owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing