Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I own a 2013 Chrysler 200. I think it's a Limited model and it has the 3.6L engine. Currently I'm having a problem with a headlight bulb which I cannot turn on even after replacing the bulb. I'm looking for the fuse that controls the headlights but am unable to find it. When I search online they say there is a small internal fusebox to the left of the steering wheel but there is nothing there when I remove the plastic panels to get under the dashboard. Does anyone know any other locations the fusebox might be in?

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,865 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Both high and low beams? These are Halogens and not HIDs, correct?
The headlamps are driven from the underhood TIPM, there are no fuses or relays. The TIPM uses solid-state drivers to turn things on and off. Check for power at the bulb socket & check for good grounds.
If it detects a short (low), it will shut off power to that circuit for protection, much like a circuit breaker. An open circuit would be a 'high'.
It will also store a corresponding fault code for that circuit. It is 'smart' power management.

The codes are not Powertrain codes that may be read with an OBD2 code reader. These are Body codes that may need a more advanced scan tool to read.
After the fault is remedied, the headlamp should work at the next key-cycle (off-on).
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Plot

Possible TIPM Fault Codes:
  • B162B-LEFT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
  • B162C-LEFT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B162F-RIGHT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
  • B1630-RIGHT LOW BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B1633-LEFT HI BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
  • B1634-LEFT HI BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH
  • B1637-RIGHT HI BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW
  • B1638-RIGHT HI BEAM CONTROL CIRCUIT HIGH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts