Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my 2016 chrysler 200 2016 2.4 multiair, suddenly started go hiccup seems like its gonna stall but it doesnt. It's better when its idling but starts to do it after awhile but gets really bad in reverse and drive. Even pressing the gas when u let off the car automatic revs up again. What could be wrong? There is no check engine light and took it to mechanic and he cant see any trouble codes either. I changed the throttle body and that didnt change anything.

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
Hey my 2016 chrysler 200 2016 2.4 multiair, suddenly started go hiccup seems like its gonna stall but it doesnt. It's better when its idling but starts to do it after awhile but gets really bad in reverse and drive. Even pressing the gas when u let off the car automatic revs up again. What could be wrong? There is no check engine light and took it to mechanic and he cant see any trouble codes either. I changed the throttle body and that didnt change anything.
Why start throwing parts at a problem if you don't know what it wrong ?
A mechanic that has checked your vehicle for codes should be able to diagnose your issue.
How many miles on the car ?
Are you the first or second owner ?

Bottom line, if this is a consistent problem, then any good reputable mechanic should be able to find the problem.

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
699 Posts
A misfire will eventually set a fault code.
Spark plugs and coil boots ok?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why start throwing parts at a problem if you don't know what it wrong ?
A mechanic that has checked your vehicle for codes should be able to diagnose your issue.
How many miles on the car ?
Are you the first or second owner ?

Bottom line, if this is a consistent problem, then any good reputable mechanic should be able to find the problem.
No codes, 67000kms on the car and ya I'm the 2nd owner

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
No codes, 67000kms on the car and ya I'm the 2nd owner
Then I would start at the basics, as 200_S_AWD said above.
Replace the spark plugs and inspect the coil boots.
I place a dab of dielectric grease in the boots before replacing them back on the plugs.
Make sure you get the correct plugs. The OEM spark plugs were the Champion 9775 (also known as part number REC10WMPB4).

Good reference guide to replace plugs here: Chrysler 200 Spark Plugs Replacement Guide - 2015, 2016 or 2017 Model Years - Tigershark 2.4L I4 Engine - Picture Illustrated Automotive Maintenance DIY Instructions

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get it diagnosed by a good tech or do it yourself if your mechanically inclined. Check everything visually. You could throw 10 parts and get lucky if it's the 11th one you change. And if it's the cheapest one, you won't be very happy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts