Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just joined this forum. I bought my 2014 Chrysler 200 Super S last week. I am doing a full audio install next week. I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in seeing a fully documented audio install tutorial. I will pretty much be replacing everything. I am an MECP certified Autotech for Geek Squad. I will be listing everything I will be installing below. I plan to do the install next Wednesday (5/7). Let me know if any of you are interested in seeing how to install this stuff!

Kenwood DNX571HD (GPS, Bluetooth, etc).
Steering Wheel Controls
Bluetooth Mic
GPS Antenna
Alpine HCE-C155 Backup Camera
Alpine PDX-V9 5 Channel Amp Install
Kicker KS35 3.5" speakers (for dash speakers)
Alpine SPR-69 6x9 speakers for doors and rear deck lid
Kicker L7 12" subwoofer for the trunk

I have all of the accessories that are needed for the install. This includes the dash kit, wire harness, steering wheel control interface, amp kit, 4-channel RCA's, etc.

I will be running all 4 of the 6x9's and the subwoofer off of the PDX-V9 (it's a 5 channel: 100RMS to each speaker and around 550RMS to the sub) and running my own wiring from the 3.5 dash speakers to the head unit. The KS35's can only handle 20RMS so the head unit will power these perfectly.

I may not be able to do a complete step by step tutorial, but I am hoping that I may be able to help any inexperienced DIY's.

Let me know. Thanks,

Brandon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello. Does the 2014 supper s come with the Boston Acoustic system?
My 2013 S came with it and I decided to upgrade the amp to the Kicker 77kick30AC upgrade.
I'm happy with the end results, (no more clipping) but am thinking of upgrading the BA speakers all the way around the car.
So i will be looking forward
to see how you go about replacing yours.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Super S package does not come with the Boston Acoustic system. The Boston Acoustic system comes with the Limited Models (which you can get a Limited Super S). My model is technically a Touring model.

The install is the same regardless. There are 3.5 in the dash and 6x9 in the doors. The 200's are actually very easy to replace speakers in (compared to other cars out there).

I may do the install tomorrow. If I do, I will post on here and let you guys know. I plan to take lots of pictures and hope to give a detailed installation tutorial.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Why do people keep trying to put 3.5"s up in the dash? They're terrible up there and eat a lot more available juice than they need to unless you have some nice active XOvers up there. Get some nice tweeters and be done with it if you're already spending that kind of money :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be running them off of the headunit. I didn't want to do tweeters because I don't feel like installing a crossover in line. The DNX571HD provides 20RMS of clean power which is perfect for the KS35's. Considering I will have 4 Alpine Type R 6x9 speakers all around getting 100RMS at 4ohms with almost no distortion, it will sound great! I don't like tweeters because in some cars, when given adequate power (such as in a component set which would split the 100RMS with the door speaker), it is sometimes over powering.

One thing I have learned in car audio though is that everyone has their own preferences! I hear what you're saying but they would only be "eating up" juice if I had them running with the door speakers as well. That is why I am running separate wiring from the dash speakers to the HU and then powering the 6x9's strictly off of the PDX amp.

The system, full retail, is over $4000 that I am putting in (if you include the labor for professional install). Luckily I do not pay anything close to that due to working for a retail company that has outstanding relationships with these vendors.

Hope the first paragraph of this post made sense!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Heck yeah brother, I know it will add some additional time to your installation process, but it would be a thread that will live in internet infamy since not only us, NOW could use it, but people in the future would have a solid resource to call up when googling that will forever link here (which I'm sure Admin would like also) :)

Looking forward to seeing this since audio upgrade is in our future as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys,

I have been doing the install over the past two days. Has been a big project. So far I have done the backup camera, the amp, head unit, and dash speakers. I have around 8 hours of work in. That may sound like too many hours for such little work, but everything looks professional. I would even say it looks OEM. You cannot see ANY of the wiring. All of the wires are hidden for both the camera and the amp. I should be finishing up the install tomorrow. After work I have to run out and get a Kenwood proprietary iPod cable to hook up my phone, run that into the glove box, and then just replace the door and rear deck speakers. I took lots of pictures. I think you guys will appreciate the work. It will take me some time to get the tutorial together. I should have it up soon!

Brandon

·
Registered
109 Posts
Definately looking forward to it. I remember back in the early 90's when big audio first starting reeeally getting popular i installed a nice system in my car and clean was the name of the game. Guy at school lost his parents and got a large sum of money so bought a new bmw and wanted me to do his install...sure:)

I remember the day he brought it over and i literally gutted the interior to the metal and he was freaked out lol. But once i was all said and done with sound deadening and hidden everythin; and no left over screws or clips....weird lol he understood why i did what i did. Always hated my high school buddies hack jobs with wires scattered...guess thats the ocd in me?? :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Making it look great is more important to me than the actual system! Anyone can install a system in their car. It's how it looks and sounds that makes the difference. Just wanted to let you guys know that the install is finished. I put about 12 hours of work in. I will get the tutorial with the pictures up this week! It sounds amazing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree I wanted a clean looking install as well as a beautiful sound quality.

I made some brackets out of stainless at work and installed my amps in the trunk. Still need to fix my sub box in place and paint/carpet it but like everything else, one step at a time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nicw setup but how did you connect your system? Did you run your dash off head unit? What about the door speaker what did you do to get full range fropm them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys,

I just joined this forum. I bought my 2014 Chrysler 200 Super S last week. I am doing a full audio install next week. I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in seeing a fully documented audio install tutorial. I will pretty much be replacing everything. I am an MECP certified Autotech for Geek Squad. I will be listing everything I will be installing below. I plan to do the install next Wednesday (5/7). Let me know if any of you are interested in seeing how to install this stuff!

Kenwood DNX571HD (GPS, Bluetooth, etc).
Steering Wheel Controls
Bluetooth Mic
GPS Antenna
Alpine HCE-C155 Backup Camera
Alpine PDX-V9 5 Channel Amp Install
Kicker KS35 3.5" speakers (for dash speakers)
Alpine SPR-69 6x9 speakers for doors and rear deck lid
Kicker L7 12" subwoofer for the trunk

I have all of the accessories that are needed for the install. This includes the dash kit, wire harness, steering wheel control interface, amp kit, 4-channel RCA's, etc.

I will be running all 4 of the 6x9's and the subwoofer off of the PDX-V9 (it's a 5 channel: 100RMS to each speaker and around 550RMS to the sub) and running my own wiring from the 3.5 dash speakers to the head unit. The KS35's can only handle 20RMS so the head unit will power these perfectly.

I may not be able to do a complete step by step tutorial, but I am hoping that I may be able to help any inexperienced DIY's.

Let me know. Thanks,

Brandon
I have a question. Last night I installed a stereo system and amp in my 2012 Chrysler 200 I ran / hid the wires no problem, when i hooked the power wire up to my battery the lights which were off started to flicker, I’m using factory stereo with line out converter. Do anyone know why when I hook it up to the battery this happens? My battery is inside the fender on the drivers side

1 - 14 of 14 Posts