Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one can help me with the EPS programming or VIN writing I have EPS module replaced (used) after that as you know the odometer will continue flashing because of the mismatch, I am working on the original wiTech , but there is no option on the miscellaneous functions to write the VIN number on the modules ...
is there any programmer, any tool can help with this issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
need a proxy alignment

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
need a proxy alignment
Thanks for replying
But I did the proxy alignment 1k times , the proxy alignment will help if they EPS and the BCM have the same vin# , my issue is this ; I cannot do the proxy alignment because I have replaced EPS used on other car and it has its vin# , how can I change the vin to be matched ..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Any one can help me with the EPS programming or VIN writing I have EPS module replaced (used) after that as you know the odometer will continue flashing because of the mismatch, I am working on the original wiTech , but there is no option on the miscellaneous functions to write the VIN number on the modules ...
is there any programmer, any tool can help with this issues?

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I’m using AlfaOBD and have a used seat heater control module and think I’ll have the same issue after install. I have a flashing odometer since I have a mis match with my alignment but I can’t figure out how to fix it. Where did you get a copy of WiTech and does it work with a standard OBD Bluetooth reader?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I’m using AlfaOBD and have a used seat heater control module and think I’ll have the same issue after install. I have a flashing odometer since I have a mis match with my alignment but I can’t figure out how to fix it. Where did you get a copy of WiTech and does it work with a standard OBD Bluetooth reader?
Not yet to be honest..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue, replaced EPS on 2016 Chrysler 200. Since it is a used EPS it has a VIN programmed in it, which does not match with the car VIN. When I try to program the EPS VIN to make it same as the car VIN, my scanner says Unable to write the VIN. As far as the dealer is concerned you can only program one EPS once, so you cannot overwrite the VIN. Hence you cannot use used EPS. Is this true? Does anybody have any experience programming EPS?

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 200s 2.4L
134 Posts
I saw a video on a late model Dodge Dart that had a damaged power steering module (rack and pinion) and the new owner of the car replaced a bunch of front end parts (car was water damaged)... When he replaced the power steering rack he had the mismatched VIN# problem and the Chrysler dealer (FCA) said the rack could only be programmed ONCE...
The YouTuber was "Auto Auction Rebuilders"... Great way to force you to buy the rack and pinion ONLY from FCA for an outrageous price... Hopefully in the future the air bag re-programmers that figured out HOW to reset the unprogramming SRS module may solve this quandary... Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts