Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,513 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Has it set a P0128 fault? Has it got good heat output and does the temp gauge read normal?
There is a TSB# 18-006-11A for a PCM software update for a false P0128 and long crank times for 3.6Ls built before 1-27-2011:
Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Circle

#4 is to let the air out as you fill the system:
Font Automotive lighting Line Auto part Circle

Removal:
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

Installation:
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

Torques:
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Pattern

·
Registered
39 Posts
It’s pretty easy. I have a 12 but the 15 and later 200s have less clearance. Also I think they use those stupid click hose clamps that u need special pliers to remove and install, when most of the time, there’s no room to get the pliers in there, I worked at the dealership when Fiat gave us this wonderful gift. Just remove the clamp with a screwdriver or cut it off and put a standard worm drive hose clamp back on. As for the plastic bleeder screw, fill it without the engine running until coolant comes out, then tighten it less than snug. These crack extremely easy. The torque spec for the bleeder is 17in lbs, even with that, it feels like too much, so I just tighten them until I feel a slight amount of resistance. I wish someone would make an aluminum thermostat housing for these

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forums. Has it set a P0128 fault? Has it got good heat output and does the temp gauge read normal?
There is a TSB# 18-006-11A for a PCM software update for a false P0128 and long crank times for 3.6Ls built before 1-27-2011:
View attachment 58262
#4 is to let the air out as you fill the system:
View attachment 58263
Removal:
View attachment 58264

Installation:
View attachment 58265
Torques:
View attachment 58266
It hasn't thrown a code but I have very little heat and it tries to run a little hot.it is using coolant but I don't see a leak anywhere.also it sounds like running water behind the dash when I'm driving.is the thermostat and housing sold together?because I went to advance and of course he just sold me the thermostat

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
1,513 Posts
I see that many manufacturers show the housing with the new thermostat. You may not need the housing.
Do you smell hot coolant? A gurgle noise in the dash may be from air mixing with the coolant?
This can be from a low coolant level letting air in. Sometimes with a slow leak, the coolant may never reach the ground. I have looked up underneath the car and seen the 'dried & crusty' signs of a leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts