Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I own a 2015 AWD Chrysler 200c a few days ago my car had a check engine light and I took it to autozone to see the code it was throwing out. It was for a cylinder one misfire. From what I’ve been reading most people who have this problem either change the spark plug or the ignition coils and the problem goes away. I’ve never done anything to my car besides routine maintenance and while looking into how to do this I can’t find a video with anything that looks like my engine. Was just wondering if someone could link a video or another forum perhaps because I can’t find anything. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
Looks a little dirty under the hood there my friend !
In any case, here is a video on replacing spark plugs on the 3.6.
It details step by step and while doing this the coil pack comes off.
Follow directions and don't forget the dielectric grease.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks a little dirty under the hood there my friend !
In any case, here is a video on replacing spark plugs on the 3.6.
It details step by step and while doing this the coil pack comes off.
Follow directions and don't forget the dielectric grease.

Ok so I replaced both the coil and the spark plug and put the grease on it but it’s still misfiring and is giving me the same code, should I just take it in at this point or is there anything else I’m missing here? Maybe the wiring?

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
It could be a little worse then just a spark plug or coil pack.
There have been a few reports of a worn cam or follower ( rocker ) that may cause the misfire.
Inspection of the wiring, plug boot and related items should have been done.
Unless your an experienced mechanic, it may be time for a professional diagnosis.

·
Super Moderator
2,438 Posts
Do you still have a check engine light? If so, have it checked again or buy a cheap scanner and check yourself. It could be a fuel injector, I have been told this is also a common issue with the 3.6 Pentastar. I went thorough something similar, and it turned out to be the fuel injector causing the problem a stuck "coil" in the injector.

·
Registered
316 Posts
This past week I had the same issue. Noticed a low speed misfire but fine when driving. Got a little worse then the engine light came on. My mech friend checked and it was a cyl 3 misfire. We swapped the coil around and no change. I was planning on changing all the plugs soon so we did that. The same. Luckily ended up being the fuel injector. Much better. Compression test was even on all cylinders and i even checked the oil filter for metal flakes. All good. (for now) As much as Im enjoying this car, it will be my last Chrysler/Jeep product. Theyre even having problems w the Hemis dropping exhaust valve seats. Seems like Chrysler cant build a bullet proof engine anymore.(318,440)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so quick update took it in and they went through it all, turned out it was a bad rocker that wasn’t allowing it to seal off all the way. They said it’s a common occurrence with this type of motor. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
Ok so quick update took it in and they went through it all, turned out it was a bad rocker that wasn’t allowing it to seal off all the way. They said it’s a common occurrence with this type of motor. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue
Same thing I mentioned in post # 6.
This should be something any 3.6 owner should be aware of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts