Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been having problems with my power seat, almost all the functions work except the switch to rise and lower the chair.
My chair is able to move forward and backwards, the back supporter is able to lean forward or backward but the switch to rise and lower the chair does not work. The chair is way too up.

I looked everywhere for a manual or a method in how to fix the motor the rise or lower the chair.

Help please.

·
Registered
2015 200C AWD
39 Posts
The switch actually controls up/down for the front and rear of the seat, so there is no whole seat up and down function itself. If you rock the front of the seat switch up or down, does the front of the seat move? Same for the rear of the switch... does it move the back part of the seat up or down?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front switch works, but the rear switch doesn't work. My chair is able to move forward and backward but to rise or lower doesn't work.

·
Registered
2015 200C AWD
39 Posts
So, you can make the front of the seat go up and down, but not the back. Sounds like the switch is bad. Swapping it out is fairly simple, but getting that cover off is a pain. There are no good tutorials on how to do it that I could find when I had issues with my lumbar switch, unfortunately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I search online for similar situations, and they said I need to unplug and plug back in the connector the rises and lower the chair. (Thats the first level) if it doesn't work then I need to take out and put back a new a motor ( level 2) and if that doesn't work then i need to change the whole power seat (level 3)

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 200C AWD
39 Posts
You missed a step... You could replace the switch if replugging the connector doesn't help.

The hardest part of fixing this is probably going to be getting that plastic cover off the side of the seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are correct, that's the first step I should do(level 0). I highlighted the switch that allows me to lower or rise the chair. It used to work, but slowly it started to stop working and I will try to play with it until it let me lower the chair. Until one day it stopped working completely.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
427 Posts
Do you hear a medium to heavy 'click' when you actuate the rear riser switch? Make sure that there is no interfering objects under the seat that may be jamming seat movement.
A stalled seat motor will draw current and may get warm.
These adjusters are cable drives with worm-screws. I have had adjuster mechanisms bind that I have been able to free up with good results.
I wouldn't buy anything yet until you can get under the seat to see more of what is or isn't happening.
If you unbolt the seat from the floor, tip it backwards and keep the wiring attached, you can get a better view of the motors and drives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't hear any click at all besides from pressing the switch. Which for me they don't make a sound but instead I feel with my hand the pressing of the switch when I used it. I don't hear no humming for the motor and also I clear everything that was underneath the chair and check no cable was being pressed nor cut.
The idea of unscrewing but keeping the cables attaches sound really good and will definitely give me more space to get under and have a better view. I will do this tomorrow asap and upload a picture and a summary of that procedure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts