Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a rattling behind/around a climate control unit and I am trying to remove and see what's going on.
I found a way to remove a radio unit but cannot find a instruction for a climate control.
Does anybody can help me on this?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is there a safe way to do this? I've been trying to find pictures of the back and see four clips. I'd like to take it out it to run a usb cable behind it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nevermind I got it lol I pulled from the bottom. Not sure how long this image will last as it's from eBay, but there's four clips holding it in(which would explain the small gaps when set in as there are no clips on the sides, heh).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hear a rattling behind/around a climate control unit and I am trying to remove and see what's going on.
I found a way to remove a radio unit but cannot find a instruction for a climate control.
Does anybody can help me on this?
Thanks in advance.
did you figure it out, i need mine replaced.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
Welcome to the forums. :)
What year? What are your HVAC symptoms?
This thread is almost 7 years old.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Yes, it pops out by prying carefully with a trim removal tool. Like a butter knife, so-as not to mar the surrounding plastic?
They ask that the battery be disconnected for an Airbag precaution. Power the car down for a moment before proceeding. See attached.

If the module comes from another car, it may not be plug n' play. If it doesn't work after installation (the odometer may be blinking), it may need a PROXI alignment:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
you are the best.....also, the odometer is already flashing, I took it to the dealer but they sat on the car for two weeks and didn't event to it, should I try the proxy alignment and is this something I can do my self, I'm tired if this dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
you are the best.....also, the odometer is already flashing, I took it to the dealer but they sat on the car for two weeks and didn't event to it, should I try the proxy alignment and is this something I can do my self, I'm tired if this dealer.
im not sure if the spill was related, she said it was working after the spill.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
It 'may' be from the spill. I usually like to diagnose first before trying parts.
Was it at the dealer for this issue? Or was it for something else?
The control panel may be able to be disassembled and cleaned once out of the dash. Watch for small springs, steel balls, etc that may jump out when separating pieces.
Sugary drinks aren't necessarily corrosive and are water soluble. Use a warm, diluted, mild detergent and a small brush if desired. Let dry and reassemble.
If it still doesn't work, you are only out your time.
The dealer would be the most convenient for a PROXI. Find another dealer if you don't like working with this one. Someone with a WiTech2 (FCA dealer tool) or Alfa-OBD tool could reset the PROXI.
If the flashing odometer happened after the spill and the HVAC went dark, it may have lost communication on the BUS network with the other modules?

Reactions: amybethsa10

·
Registered
12 Posts
It 'may' be from the spill. I usually like to diagnose first before trying parts.
The control panel may be able to be disassembled and cleaned once out of the dash. Watch for small springs, steel balls, etc that may jump out when separating pieces.
Sugary drinks aren't necessarily corrosive and are water soluble. Use a warm, diluted, mild detergent and a small brush if desired. Let dry and reassemble.
The dealer would be the most convenient for a PROXI. Find another dealer if you don't like working with this one. Someone with a WiTech2 (FCA dealer tool) or Alfa-OBD tool could reset the PROXI.
If the flashing odometer happened after the spill and the HVAC went dark, it may have lost communication on the BUS network with the other modules?
I took it to the dealer to get a diagnosis. They keep the car for 2 weeks and I decided to go get it. I’m going to try a proxy alignment myself. I bought the part needed from Amazon and I’m going to download the software from the link you shared !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I took it to the dealer to get a diagnosis. They keep the car for 2 weeks and I decided to go get it. I’m going to try a proxy alignment myself. I bought the part needed from Amazon and I’m going to download the software from the link you shared !!
I did the proxi alignment. The HVAC works but flickers off and on. Mileage light still flashing.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Does the AlfaOBD show a CAN bus network topology that would show 'inactive' modules on the bus?

In the above image, the TIPM/CGW (Totally Integrated Power Module/Central GateWay) is the node before the diagnostic connector. The red modules aren't communicating. The blue ones are. The grays are not applicable to this vehicle and the yellows are inactive.
I believe that the BCM (Body Control Module) is the Central GateWay node before the diagnostic connector on the PROXI cars, like the 200 (UF-body). The flashing odometer is the BCM indicating a loss of communication, presumably with the HVAC module.
Is the HVAC flashing a rhythmic blink (module defect) or a spastic one (like a bad connection)?
Can you read any fault codes in any modules? A PROXI should initialize all modules, for some reason it can't
Did you clean up or replace the HVAC control? Is the VIN stored in the HVAC matching the VIN in the BCM and the vehicle?
I've used a WiTech, I am not acquainted with the AlfaOBD.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does the AlfaOBD show a CAN bus network topology that would show 'inactive' modules on the bus?

In the above image, the TIPM/CGW (Totally Integrated Power Module/Central GateWay) is the node before the diagnostic connector. The red modules aren't communicating. The blue ones are. The grays are not applicable to this vehicle and the yellows are inactive.
I believe that the BCM (Body Control Module) is the Central GateWay node before the diagnostic connector on the PROXI cars, like the 200 (UF-body). The flashing odometer is the BCM indicating a loss of communication, presumably with the HVAC module.
Is the HVAC flashing a rhythmic blink (module defect) or a spastic one (like a bad connection)?
Can you read any fault codes in any modules? A PROXI should initialize all modules, for some reason it can't
Did you clean up or replace the HVAC control? Is the VIN stored in the HVAC matching the VIN in the BCM and the vehicle?
I've used a WiTech, I am not acquainted with the AlfaOBD.
There were some red x’s . I have no idea what anything means . I can run it again and take pictures. Should I do a diagnostic test first. Then a proxi alignment? I’m no mechanic so I have no idea what I’m doing. Lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also I would say it’s a spastic blink. I have not tried to remove it for researching the connections . That is my next step if I can figure that out.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
The red x's would be modules or portions of the bus that are down and has to be solved first. Then once everything is talking on the bus together, we can look for fault codes and other issues.
Take some time to familiarize yourself with the AlfaOBD. It can do a lot of diagnosis and self tests.
Have you been able to remove the HVAC module for cleanup yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The red x's would be modules or portions of the bus that are down and has to be solved first. Then once everything is talking on the bus together, we can look for fault codes and other issues.
Take some time to familiarize yourself with the AlfaOBD. It can do a lot of diagnosis and self tests.
Have you been able to remove the HVAC module for cleanup yet?
No I want to remove it sometime to look at the connections

1 - 20 of 21 Posts