Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if its possibly to change the color of the headlight eyebrow light? Maybe like a bright white or aqua blue or maybe even a red color?

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Well you wouldn't want to do red since it's an emergency color and would get you pulled over in no time flat.

Otherwise, I'm not familiar with what kind of LED bulb the car uses for lighting up the strip, but it's accessible under the hood. Next to the turn signal bulb there's a connector for the LED. Try rotating and pulling it out and see if it's even home-serviceable, because the manual says it isn't.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Might be a way to get aftermarket multicolor LED's and their controler in there, but keeo in mind Red and Blue are reserved for emergency vehicles............although at a car show or in a parking lot, red could look pretty evil:)

I should add, I do like the stock white neon tube look though.

·
Registered
321 Posts
it would be cool if we had a setup like the audi's where it is also a turn signal. it goes from white to orange

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
it would be cool if we had a setup like the audi's where it is also a turn signal. it goes from white to orange
I'm happy we don't, looks incredibly stupid in action and unfortunetly the 300 and Grand Cherokee are also afflicted with those.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I agree with the 300 and Jeeps.
The leds show up too much and its not a solid line like ours.
Changing the led color could be a chore. From what i can see they are moulded into the assy'

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I'd love to get a closer look at those tubes, I'd be willing to bet they've got a LED at each end that shoots light down and gives them that neon tube look. If you ever get the chance, take a couple LED bulbs that are loose but attached to a power source and put them in the ends of a white or clear drinking straw and power them up. That has the same neon tube effect as our brows and is a simple and cheap way of doing so.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought two 2013 Ltd convertibles last year. Really love them, the most underrated hardtop conv. on the market.
This week, I found a 2012 cracked headlight dislodged and hanging from the fender at a junkyard. I didn't have many tools but I was able to pry the cracked main lense off and get inside. Removed the glass tube intact. It has a circuit board attached at each end of the tube with a single LED on each for a total of 2. You can see on the outboard circuit board (pic) where the LED element is SOLDERED onto the board like they do inside a cell phone.
Back in 2005 or so, I found a guy at a flea market in Davao, Philippines. He would replace the LED elements on your phone for $10. I had him solder on red, blue and green elements to give my phone a multi colored keypad.
So I'm pretty certain these elements could be easily replaced with a different colored LED. Don't know the specs though.
I'm planning to bench test a few alternative approaches tho, since I don't solder. I have a 6" green LED strip with about 12 elements. They say you can cut it. So I'm hoping to cut it down to just 1 or 2 elements and just stack it on the factory LED for starters and see how that looks.
Might be cool to just replace one end if it would fade from green to white. Don't know til I test it tho.

Hopefully that will hook up to the white and blue power feed and just work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts