Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
This happened to my car and it was a 5 minute fix. The knob that controls the latches was stuck. Take the upper panel behind the mirrors off. There is a "star" knob in the middle. Turn it to the right until it clicks. It will restart the closing cycle and everything will work fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This mechanism gets stuck because the motor that powers it started to get weak. If you replace the latch motor all problems will go away.. A lot of the top problems on these cars are related to this motor

It would be a good idea to test the system first before replacing it just to make sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thank you so much this worked perfect star in middle theres a socket for it so you don't strip it turn to the right all the way it released it. I tried everything my fluid was low so had to refill that didn't work out I was about to start changing switches before I read this I recommend this all the way

This happened to my car and it was a 5 minute fix. The knob that controls the latches was stuck. Take the upper panel behind the mirrors off. There is a "star" knob in the middle. Turn it to the right until it clicks. It will restart the closing cycle and everything will work fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In regards to the above post #13.
The I.P. address of this post is invalid, which raises suspicion with me.
While I appreciate anybody wanting to help with our vehicles, I must post this message for everyone to be careful of who you reply to, or correspond with.

fltru103 - mod

So let me say this is guy is NOT fake and I met him and his very nice wife at their auto dealer in Orlando. He not only was correct (see his posts on this board) but he (with little to zero assistance from me) disassembled the parts to get access to the convertible motor and helped me secure to the top so I could drive it home safely. The new part is ordered and I will be coming back next week so he can install it. Also he charged me NOTHING just as he said he would and refused to take payment. the guy is an A+ and legit.

·
Super Moderator
1,863 Posts
So let me say this is guy is NOT fake and I met him and his very nice wife at their auto dealer in Orlando. He not only was correct (see his posts on this board) but he (with little to zero assistance from me) disassembled the parts to get access to the convertible motor and helped me secure to the top so I could drive it home safely. The new part is ordered and I will be coming back next week so he can install it. Also he charged me NOTHING just as he said he would and refused to take payment. the guy is an A+ and legit.
Glad to hear of your positive experience.
Thank you for posting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts