Chrysler 200 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
This happened to my car and it was a 5 minute fix. The knob that controls the latches was stuck. Take the upper panel behind the mirrors off. There is a "star" knob in the middle. Turn it to the right until it clicks. It will restart the closing cycle and everything will work fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This mechanism gets stuck because the motor that powers it started to get weak. If you replace the latch motor all problems will go away.. A lot of the top problems on these cars are related to this motor

It would be a good idea to test the system first before replacing it just to make sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thank you so much this worked perfect star in middle theres a socket for it so you don't strip it turn to the right all the way it released it. I tried everything my fluid was low so had to refill that didn't work out I was about to start changing switches before I read this I recommend this all the way

This happened to my car and it was a 5 minute fix. The knob that controls the latches was stuck. Take the upper panel behind the mirrors off. There is a "star" knob in the middle. Turn it to the right until it clicks. It will restart the closing cycle and everything will work fine.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts