Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 200 2.4L automatic that runs great no codes at all but the cooling fans don't kick on unless the AC is on. AC works great. I have been trying to find a solution but I can't seem to figure this one out. Fuse 15 in the fuse box is good, I have no idea what the 4 relays in the power distribution box are and can't find a diagram naming them. Any help is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1,789 Posts
I have a 2012 200 2.4L automatic that runs great no codes at all but the cooling fans don't kick on unless the AC is on. AC works great. I have been trying to find a solution but I can't seem to figure this one out. Fuse 15 in the fuse box is good, I have no idea what the 4 relays in the power distribution box are and can't find a diagram naming them. Any help is appreciated
The good news is, the fans work !

The bad news is it could be any number of items not allowing those fans to receive the signal to turn on when hot.
Coolant temp sensor.
Cooling fan relay.
Radiator fan controller.
Broken or unconnected wires.

It might be best to allow a certified mechanic to diagnose the problem before throwing money at parts guessing which one might be causing your problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your car is in good shape if the fan only comes on when ac is going. That's telling you the engine is cooling efficiently with just the water pump and radiator. Nothing to worry about. I live in AZ and my 16' 200 fan comes on every now and then. Always with the ac on just like yours.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Watch your temp gauge...fans should come on at 235 deg. if your not getting that hot then they wont come on. And there gradual...low med and high speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts