Chrysler 200 Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
Lifters should hold their oil prime. If it is draining down (collapsing) overnight, then the lifter is defective.
Rocker wear is something I've read about. It isn't widespread, but it can happen.
I am using a 5W-20 synthetic motor oil meeting Chrysler MS-6395 (read the label) as required maintenance practice:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 200 that has 68,000 miles. Check engine light came on. Showing Code P0301 - Cylinder 1 misfire. It is at the dealership right now. They say there is a problem with a lifter on the right side of the engine and both cam shafts. Has anyone else had this problem? They are checking to see if it is covered under my extended warranty. I have had the car for 5 years and bought it used from a dealership. $4200 if it is not under warranty.
Same issue with mine. New plugs helped for about a week. Engine light comes on and off. Starts missing bad if I get into it. Let the car sit for an hour or so off it fixes itself. Not sure what to do.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
Welcome to the forums. P0301 is a #1 cylinder misfire. If new plugs helped briefly, compare the #1 spark plug tip to an adjacent plug tip. Note any color or appearance differences? Tip temperature and/or carbon fouling (black) or a low firing voltage can cause the spark to break down under acceleration:
836d56c90e40fab4e69b96e66f523cf6--php.jpg
I might try a coil boot or coil replacement next? If you see thin, black arc streaks on the porcelain body, replace both the plug and the rubber boot:
attachment.php
CRSuf.jpg
Use OEM plug types only. Wrong plugs can cause a misfire.
What year and which engine?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts