Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a Jeep Rubicon. They wanted to give me 16k for my 200 S 2.4 loaded....Hhahahhahh. The GM said he could get that car all day long at auctions for 9k. Looks like I'm stuck. Be advised...don't trade your car in Michigan where these cars are made. Plus everyone in MI leases so the used car market is flooded.....

·
Registered
322 Posts
I got offered 12,500 for my 2013 Limited at Buick dealer. I guess I should have jumped on it..You are correct...S/E MI is flooded with 200s.
Dealers here don't even go by the book or trade value. They have a database that tells them how many are out there for sale and what $$ they are going for.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^I didn't get rid of it...I was just looking. My wife just got a 2015 Sahara unlimited Jeep wrangler....so I was looking at the 2 door rubicon for me on the lot (2013)...They offered me 16 for my 200...No thanks for the negative roll over...I'm stuck with this 200 for a long long time. I'm ok with that

·
Registered
169 Posts
Im in the same boat, wont be trading mine, nor do i want to. I have the same, fully loaded 15' 2.4 S and they offered me 18,500 and im in indiana. Crazy how much these cars lose in such a short time

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well then you look at the fact that it is a four cylinder vehicle in trade and given cheap gas prices now people don't want economy ... I wouldn't have even considered the 200 if it didn't have a V6. Big plus is AWD.

At the time the wife and I were considering the Caddy ATS AWD verses BMW 335i Xdrive and for us the 200 had it all plus Uconnect...cheaper..

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well then you look at the fact that it is a four cylinder vehicle in trade and given cheap gas prices now people don't want economy ... I wouldn't have even considered the 200 if it didn't have a V6. Big plus is AWD.

At the time the wife and I were considering the Caddy ATS AWD verses BMW 335i Xdrive and for us the 200 had it all plus Uconnect...cheaper..
I was in the same boat. I kinda wish I sprang the extra 10K on the CTS4. Tranny recall, heated seats don't work, drivers memory seat and mirrors and radio presets no longer works, shocks clunk in cold weather. My first Chrysler and most likely my last..Its not only the broken things, just many many minor irritants that build up to an unpleasant experience for me. One kid just got her learners permit. It will probably be her car in a few years, if it lasts that long..

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was offered $21k for my fully loaded C V6 (everything except AWD). It had like 5000 miles at the time. Lol. Stuck with mine too, but not really complaining about that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I stopped being a "new " car guy a long time ago. I realized the manufacturers and dealers were bending us over and laughing all the way to the bank. I saw someone post on this forum recently that they bought a 200 with a $35K sticker price. That's just ridiculous.

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
I stopped being a "new " car guy a long time ago. I realized the manufacturers and dealers were bending us over and laughing all the way to the bank. I saw someone post on this forum recently that they bought a 200 with a $35K sticker price. That's just ridiculous.
I have always bought new. I plan on at least an 8 to 10 year life cycle. The only car I recently traded in was a 2011 Chevy Cruze that was a problem from day 1. After the basic warranty ran out and it started to cost money for repairs, I traded it in on the 200. No complaints, no issues, other then the transmission update, problem free at 21000 miles for our 2015 200S.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I work for a Chrysler dealership. I ended up getting a loaded 200S AWD V6 back in December. $36k sticker(I had to due to the 10k in negative equity I had on my trade) and it's worth low 20s. Those are accurate numbers(I don't agree with the 9k one lol) I knew it going in and I got a lifetime warranty. It's a good thing I like it! It is crazy how different vehicles hold or don't hold their value.

·
Super Moderator
2,421 Posts
Cars are typically a terrible but usually a necessary investment new or used. Leasing is just as much a ripoff. It's just a matter of how much you want to be screwed as far as $$ and if you like what you are being screwed by. I knew going in that as far as resale, a Chrysler 200 is not the worst but pretty bad, but AWD helps out significantly in my area where everyone thinks AWD is a necessity not a luxury.

I am happy to be stuck with such a nice new car. I value what I got higher than the bland 4cyl Honda or crappy tiny Toyota I could have had with better resale and less features etc... for the same $$. I did get in while the prices were unbelievably low... now at least in my area the discounts especially on the AWD ones are not the same as when I bought/stole mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was offered $10,500 on a 2014 200 Super "S" that's loaded with 24K miles. Its ridiculous!
I've traded in my Corolla for the same price ($10,500), but it was 7 years old with 60K miles, also the price that I've paid when was brand new...$16,200. It's insane how much you can loose on 200's.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A lot of Chryslers have poor resale for some reason. The 200's resale is just awful. I was given 19,500 as the highest offer for a 15 fwd v6 200c with a 31500 msrp when it was half a year old and had 5k miles.

I later found out that the reason resale is so terrible is because you can get a brand new one for 7k off sticker or some **** with all the rebates (a few months ago)

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
20151031_102323.jpg got 23,700,,2015 v6 awd ,21 k miles, got out while the getting was good,,1st jeep ,,friggin love it !!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts