Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 Chrysler 200 hardtop convertible. I took it to the Chrysler dealer to fix a small plastic trim panel that doesn't slide out when the top is lowered. It covers part of the top mechanism in front of the trunk lid when the top is down. Mopar Part No. 1UR75DX9AA.

The dealer told me that the part was discontinued by Mopar and they can't supply it. They gave me the part number and told me if I could locate an aftermarket part, they would install it for me. I think this is pretty sad that they can't supply parts to a car that is just 6 years old and told them so.

However, I found it easily on Ebay, but the order was cancelled by the seller after about a week saying it was no longer available.

Any ideas?

Steve C

·
Super Moderator
2,547 Posts
It's almost guaranteed a body shop will be able to locate a suitable new replacement part since they have to be able to repair vehicles that have suffered damage from collisions or hail etc...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Private message sent

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steve,
Did u ever find that part? I have the same issue and have had exactly the same results...including finding an Ebay then a part from a dealer, only both to miraculously unavailable when I tried to purchase them.
Was just wondering if you found one, maybe they might have another for me.
Thx.
Bill H

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve,
Did u ever find that part? I have the same issue and have had exactly the same results...including finding an Ebay then a part from a dealer, only both to miraculously unavailable when I tried to purchase them.
Was just wondering if you found one, maybe they might have another for me.
Thx.
Bill H
Hi Bill,

Sorry for the delay.

Never found the part available anywhere. They may show in stock, but the order eventually cancels. Happened twice.
I ended up repairing it or I should say my friend repaired it. Took out the interior panel to get access to the mechanism. Its all made of plastic and was all twisted an off track. Heated up the plastic and straightened it out, lubricated it, reassembled and works like new..
Good luck.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
278 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
If you can believe it, Walmart says that they have 3 left:

There is alternate part # 1UR751W1AA.

Another possibility is looking for 1UR75HL1AA, which is the same part in a different trim color. If found, this door can be painted to match.

The right (passenger) side part is 1UR74DX9AA/1UR74HL1AA. I don't know if the 'mechanism' is symmetrical or the mirror-image of the left (drivers) side?
It's sold and shipped by Mymoparparts.com, better off ordering straight from them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Junk yard..pick-a-part or pull-a-part. Just saw a nice white/tan convertible 200 online the other day in NY. they have inventory and pictures online so you can get an idea if the parts you need are damaged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts