Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing through dodge-dart.org today and come across this thread about ALFAOBD software that some dodge Dart users have been experimenting and interestingly have been successfully doing proxy alignment and even adding sales codes to enable other functionalities to their cars.

What got me exited is, from what I know Dodge Dart is very similar to our car in terms of modules and even share parts.

I still need proxi alignment after upgrading to uconnect 8.4 radio. I have ordered OBDLink MX, which is the recommended OBDII tool to be used with the software. It is bit expensive, I got one from Amazon for $120. The software itself is $50 for the full version but some one mentioned that it is possible to do a proxi alignment with the demo version.

Dealers charge about $130 for proxi alignment so I am thinking this would be a good investment if it works out as I expect.

Once I get my OBD tool I am going to give it a shot.

If anyone is interested reading up about it, below are some links.
Links: + Original thread
+ ALFAOBD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm. This is interesting. It's making me wonder if it's possible to 'tune' the electronic power steering in my Chrysler 200LX to improve the numb on-centre steering feel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got my OBDLink MX that I ordered and was able to do a proxi alignment;). You can also enable other functionalities, if you have the hardware of course.

When I did the proxi alignment for my new uConnect 8.4 my camera stopped working because it was enabled on the original vehicle where my uConnect came from but not on my car. Thankfully I was able to enable it back.

Just don't forget when ever you enable something you have to run the proxi alignment again else you are going to have every single warning or failure light go on.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Few things I'm curious about with this....

Can you adjust fan-on temps......

Can grill shutters be "tuned"....

Full off stability control....

Any transmission changes.....

I get paid tomorrow....lol. Likely ordering this stuff up!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Few things I'm curious about with this....

Can you adjust fan-on temps......

Can grill shutters be "tuned"....

Full off stability control....

Any transmission changes.....

I get paid tomorrow....lol. Likely ordering this stuff up!
To be honest I haven't got a chance to explore it fully but there seems to be tons of stuff can be done with this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just finished thumbing through the thread on the dart page seem pretty interesting what that app and obd tool can do. I would think one of us would have to get in contact with the developer to see what would need to be change to work on our cars but it would be nice to use this to add sales codes and accessibility without the dealership. Getting rid of the fog light drop out would be nice and I saw another user used the tool to help him eliminate the ags which might benefit our cars as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just finished thumbing through the thread on the dart page seem pretty interesting what that app and obd tool can do. I would think one of us would have to get in contact with the developer to see what would need to be change to work on our cars but it would be nice to use this to add sales codes and accessibility without the dealership. Getting rid of the fog light drop out would be nice and I saw another user used the tool to help him eliminate the ags which might benefit our cars as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already tested it. You can add sales codes and do proxy alignment. Possibly other stuff that I haven't explored yet.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Thinking of things I'd potentially like to reprogram, a lot of which is probably unlikely. But please let us know if any of this appears doable.

• Change default seat heater automatic setting to "low".
  • Reduce (but not completely disable) audio volume of warning alert for Safety-Tec blind spot detection.
  • Disable hands-are-off-the-wheel warning for Safety-Tec lane departure warning.
  • Prevent driver information display from switching from current mode to gear display mode when paddle-shifters are used.
  • Change color of gauge illumination.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
It would be fun if you could actually make a video of how it works to prove us that it works. Not that I don't believe you, but that's the internet and I prefer seeing before buying.

Nice find though if it really works.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It would be fun if you could actually make a video of how it works to prove us that it works. Not that I don't believe you, but that's the internet and I prefer seeing before buying.

Nice find though if it really works.
You don't have to believe me but I have no reason to lie. If you get the mentioned OBDII tool or what ever is recommended in alfaobd webside it will work. If you go to the link for the Dodge Dart forums mentioned in the first post , you can read more about it.

One thing that I should mention, after installing a factory backup cam I can enable it and it works. However I couldn't get the green and yellow active guide lines that show up on the screen. I checked my wiring and it seems fine so I am thinking that because there was no sales code entered for the camera activation it is not fully functional.

Now I see a menu for entering sales code but since I don't know any I can't check if that works or not. I also don't know how sales codes work. Are they specific to every car?

If you or anyone else knows any sales codes that I can try out please let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sort of related to this topic......My car is a 2015 200S w/V-6 engine. For the past six months or so, I've been getting a VERY HARD UPSHIFT ! ! ! Very hard from 4th to 5th gear. (Not always, but three or four times a week). I took it to my dealer yesterday and paid 101 dollars to have the Proxi Alignment accomplished. So far, so good.....the transmission 'seems' much smoother in both upshifts and downshifts. If I have no further issues after a month or so, I'll post an update.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the exact same 4 to 5 hard shift. Sometimes it feels like you get rear ended by a dump truck. I just took mine to the dealer for dead battery and they apparently did an update on the software. It has felt a little better but I did feel one VERY hard shift so far.
What is the Proxy update you mentioned? I haven't heard of this before. FYI my car is a 2015 200C V6 with 16000 miles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the exact same 4 to 5 hard shift. Sometimes it feels like you get rear ended by a dump truck. I just took mine to the dealer for dead battery and they apparently did an update on the software. It has felt a little better but I did feel one VERY hard shift so far.
What is the Proxy update you mentioned? I haven't heard of this before. FYI my car is a 2015 200C V6 with 16000 miles.
I'm happy with my dealership. However, they couldn't figure out why I was getting the HARD ! ! ! Shift. I did my research and learned of this "Proxi Alignment" I was getting this EXTREMELY HARD shift from 4th to 5th three or four times a week. Scared the **** out of me (as you know). Call or go to your local dealer and ask them if they have the capability to accomplish the Proxi Alignment. If the answer is 'yes' DO IT ! ! I paid one hours labor but worth it.....I've had NO hard shifts since this procedure. Google it (you can learn a little there I believe) My car was still under warranty, but they didn't cover it (no worries) Do It ! ! !

·
Registered
805 Posts
If you or anyone else knows any sales codes that I can try out please let me know.
Looking up the build sheet for my car, the rear view camera is listed as follows .... 'XACP ParkView (TM) Rear Back-up Camera'

·
Registered
55 Posts
Capt Jimmy

Can you shed any more light on the Proxy Alignment. I was trying to google it but results are all over the place. Is just like to not look like a complete idiot when asking for it. Also, how many miles have you driven since having it done? Curious why its not covered under warranty also?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Capt Jimmy

Can you shed any more light on the Proxy Alignment. I was trying to google it but results are all over the place. Is just like to not look like a complete idiot when asking for it. Also, how many miles have you driven since having it done? Curious why its not covered under warranty also?

Thanks
See the link below.....The way it was described to me was, "IF" the service department couldn't duplicate my 'write-up' (and they tried, but couldn't) they couldn't warranty it. I told my service advisor I'd pay for it myself. It was around a 100 bucks. TOTALLY worth it......the entire transmission "seems" to shift smoother. I'd say I have about 2500 miles on the car since the "proxi alignment" I've driven it enough now to know that it's fixed. Good Luck with yours (I have 33,000 miles on my car and am keeping it for a few more years, I like it)

https://www.allpar.com/news/2016/05/hard-shifts-and-missing-proxis-31778

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for that info. That helps. I hate to go into a mechanic and say "I was reading online". I know they hate that, but this is legit info that I can take with me.

My dealer has always been nice and tries to be helpful. But I'm sure they have a checklist of procedures they have to do at Chrysler's direction. I understand that, but its time consuming to take the car in to let them jump through Chrysler hoops.

If I can get the shifting smoothed out and if they can fix the annoying rattle on the drivers side dash while under power at 1200-1300 rmp, I might learn to love this car again.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts