Chrysler 200 Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Okay, so if my car, a 2015 200s 3.6 fwd, didn't come with the back up camera, can it be added by itself, or do I have to get the full sensor package to include the front camera and park assist stuff?

My car had a Compustar remote start added, and its pissing me off because I feel its messed up the system. I say this because when I use the remote start, pretty much any action causes the car to shut off, and I have to use the normal starting procedure. Any ideas on if I could potentially uninstall the remote start, and add a factory one where the key fob isn't rendered obsolete from a secondary unit?
You should be able to add the camera alone but you’ll need the sales code to enter and all necessary hardware. The app is really useful and the creator is a nice guy. I have it with an OBDLink MX and I’m having some issues with my proxy alignment. So make sure you double check what you change. You can creat some really special issues. LOL You cannot modify a lot of the things you might want to, only for testing reasons. But still a great tool and well worth the money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you explain the Proxi alignment please? What does it do, and when is it necessary? I am wanting to add trailer brake controller to my new Ram 1500, and if I do it myself, I will need to have the sales code for it added. Want to use Alfa OBD or similar A to learn to do it myself, and B to save paying the dealer an hour of labor to spend 5 min to do it. Further information or references to such would be appreciated too. thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
CAN bus is a network of modules. Essentially everything in the car talks to each other. When you put a new component into the mix, you need to make sure everything is on the same page when it comes to communication. So a proxy alignment allows the car to learn that new module and it’s parameters. It also will take your modifications compare them to what is set up currently on the car and make sure that everything jives. If it doesn’t you’ll end up at the flashing odometer until you corrected. You would have to get the sales code after you at the trailer break. Unless you’re able to just enable the option. But it is a very useful program and I would highly recommend it. Just make sure you get a good OBD Bluetooth adapter to ensure connectivity. It also will take your modifications, compare them to what is set up currently on the car and make sure that everything jives. If it doesn’t you’ll end up the flashing odometer until you correct it. You would have to get the sales code after you at the trailer brake. Unless you’re able to just enable the option. But it is a very useful program and I would highly recommend it. Just make sure you get a good OBD Bluetooth adapter to ensure connectivity
Can you explain the Proxi alignment please? What does it do, and when is it necessary? I am wanting to add trailer brake controller to my new Ram 1500, and if I do it myself, I will need to have the sales code for it added. Want to use Alfa OBD or similar A to learn to do it myself, and B to save paying the dealer an hour of labor to spend 5 min to do it. Further information or references to such would be appreciated too. thanks

·
Registered
805 Posts
Does anyone know where to get SCL/PCL/Sales Codes from other then the dealers?
Do you mean the build sheet for your car? Like this ....
Build Sheet.JPG

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes
But I also need codes for items not yet added like the rear-view mirror with the assist/911 buttons. Went to a dealer today and the guy said its not an option for my car, but I don't believe it. It might be included in the comfort group or something and he just did not look that deep.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So I finally bought the software and a obdlink mx and I’m having issues just getting anything to connect. I keep getting errors that none of the com ports I’ve tried exist. What is everyone doing to get these to connect to our cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Went through and tried all of the coms again and I got com 6 to work. So far i eliminates fog light drop out and added the srt themes I was hoping it would add timers too but all you get is the splash screen and the radio themes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Using the MX obd scanner and the software. I am trying to do a proxy alignment and I get this message.

I tried it with the car off and with it it run with mode with engine on and off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Make sure when you select the body module you’re pressing the connect button. Otherwise it doesn’t automatically connect. I have the OBX Bluetooth unit and it works great!

·
Registered
128 Posts
It turns out this is because I had the factory alpine amp disconnected. I had to connect it to do the proxy alignment then hook my Kenwood amp back up.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just got my OBDLink MX and bought ALFAOBD

No I just have to figure out how to get that printout one of the users posted, for my car, of course.

So far I can look around at my modules but so far haven't seen where you would actually make changes?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Finally got the odometer to stop flashing by running a proxy align.

I assume the 5" touchscreen is a type 2 radio? the list shows absent, Type 1-5.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Tried to set the radio, now the odometer is flashing again. Also, the radio used to show the climate controls, now it doesn't.

I have an error saying the mics are not present, which is correct, and a B2204 error

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was browsing through dodge-dart.org today and come across this thread about ALFAOBD software that some dodge Dart users have been experimenting and interestingly have been successfully doing proxy alignment and even adding sales codes to enable other functionalities to their cars.

What got me exited is, from what I know Dodge Dart is very similar to our car in terms of modules and even share parts.

I still need proxi alignment after upgrading to uconnect 8.4 radio. I have ordered OBDLink MX, which is the recommended OBDII tool to be used with the software. It is bit expensive, I got one from Amazon for $120. The software itself is $50 for the full version but some one mentioned that it is possible to do a proxi alignment with the demo version.

Dealers charge about $130 for proxi alignment so I am thinking this would be a good investment if it works out as I expect.

Once I get my OBD tool I am going to give it a shot.

If anyone is interested reading up about it, below are some links.
Links: + Original thread
+ ALFAOBD
How did you perform the proxy alignment? Could you possibly list the steps

·
Registered
105 Posts
When I get back home this weekend, I’ll be happy to list the steps for you. But for the most part, you’ll want to connect the Alpha OBD app through your Bluetooth OBD tool and you’ll connect to the body control module. One of the functions under the body control module is a proxy alignment. You’ll just hit start and it will go through it. But I will give you something more detailed to go off of.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I get back home this weekend, I’ll be happy to list the steps for you. But for the most part, you’ll want to connect the Alpha OBD app through your Bluetooth OBD tool and you’ll connect to the body control module. One of the functions under the body control module is a proxy alignment. You’ll just hit start and it will go through it. But I will give you something more detailed to go off of.
The directions you gave worked fine. I got it all setup. Thanks

41 - 59 of 59 Posts