Chrysler 200 Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a2015. Chrysler,200 I replaced the speedometer cluster and need to do a proxy but don't know how to do it the correct way I have the alfa app and obd mx and tried to do it but I keep getting failed on the cluster part of the proxy any help please lol
did you go into your vehicle options and change your cluster from the standard to the high cluster? There should be a few different options for it. If you didn’t change the style, it more than likely won’t do a proxi alignment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
did you go into your vehicle options and change your cluster from the standard to the high cluster? There should be a few different options for it. If you didn’t change the style, it more than likely won’t do a proxi alignment.
Yes I went in to that and switched it to the 7 inch but it keeps failing on the proxy still and sometimes it messes up my abs while trying to do it and I have to go back to my saved proxy and redo it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a2015. Chrysler,200 I replaced the speedometer cluster and need to do a proxy but don't know how to do it the correct way I have the alfa app and obd mx and tried to do it but I keep getting failed on the cluster part of the proxy any help please lol
I'm having this exact same issue. Physically swapped out the cluster, verified it worked, warning lights and flashing odometer came on as expected. Connected my OBDLink MX+ and fired up the AlfaOBD software on my laptop. Ran the Proxy Alignment and everything except the cluster part completed successfully.
I tried this as well. No dice, sadly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having this exact same issue. Physically swapped out the cluster, verified it worked, warning lights and flashing odometer came on as expected. Connected my OBDLink MX+ and fired up the AlfaOBD software on my laptop. Ran the Proxy Alignment and everything except the cluster part completed successfully.

Yeah it's weird I even went to the dealership and they couldn't get a proxy configuration done either so I guess I live the miles flashing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah it's weird I even went to the dealership and they couldn't get a proxy configuration done either so I guess I live the miles flashing
Well you just saved me a trip to the dealer. Thanks!
Were they specific about why they couldn't do it?
I'd be willing to just live with the flashing odometer if it was just that, but I also have a ton of annoying fake warning lights (park assist, lane assist, etc) that I want gone lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well you just saved me a trip to the dealer. Thanks!
Were they specific about why they couldn't do it?
I'd be willing to just live with the flashing odometer if it was just that, but I also have a ton of annoying fake warning lights (park assist, lane assist, etc) that I want gone lol.
Yeah I don't have the other lights like you do they try to tell me my BCM was bad but as soon as I plug in my old cluster everything is fine so I know it's not that and when I run a proxy myself everything is good just get the failed part on the cluster

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler 200 Limited
13 Posts

Sorry about dragging back an old thread. But I also changed my cluster and i got it to work.
I changed from the basic non color, small cluster and upgraded to the larger, Color, display cluster. I went into the BCM and went to car configuration change then went to cluster display type I changed the setting from TFT black display to TFT color display.
After that was changed I ran a proxy alignment and everything completed successfully. The only downside is the miles are not correct as you cannot change those on this app. But that's fine by me. Everything else completed with 0 errors.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,411 Posts
Odometer mileage can't be done at the dealer service dept level either. Some cars have mileage stored in the BCM, so when you plug in a new cluster, the stored mileage is displayed.
If the mileage is stored in the cluster, it can only be changed by an authorized FCA electronics repair depot, such as United Radio in Syracuse, NY. There may be depots closer to you with similar services. Google for them:

Be ready to provide date-stamped photos of VIN, old or latest odometer reading(?), registration (proof of ownership) and serial number(s).

Shipping is quick, so if you have to drive with the old cluster a couple of days, the displayed mileage won't be that much different. Have then put in your vehicle's VIN into the upgraded cluster also.

I have used them for radio, cluster and control module repair/adjustment services. Contact form:

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler 200 Limited
13 Posts
Odometer mileage can't be done at the dealer service dept level either. Some cars have mileage stored in the BCM, so when you plug in a new cluster, the stored mileage is displayed.
If the mileage is stored in the cluster, it can only be changed by an authorized FCA electronics repair depot, such as United Radio in Syracuse, NY. There may be depots closer to you with similar services. Google for them:

Be ready to provide date-stamped photos of VIN, old or latest odometer reading(?), registration (proof of ownership) and serial number(s).

Shipping is quick, so if you have to drive with the old cluster a couple of days, the displayed mileage won't be that much different. Have then put in your vehicle's VIN into the upgraded cluster also.

I have used them for radio, cluster and control module repair/adjustment services. Contact form:
I understand that, There are plenty of places that specialize in that sort of thing, But i was just informing them that the proxy align CAN be completed with good results if they dont mind the mileage being incorrect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I understand that, There are plenty of places that specialize in that sort of thing, But i was just informing them that the proxy align CAN be completed with good results if they dont mind the mileage being incorrect.
Yeah, my odometer reading is actually not a problem because the eBay seller I bought it from flashed it for me. It's just the proxy alignment that I can't seem to perform. I'll try switching from TFT black display to TFT color display like you did (though I may have already done that, can't remember)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah I don't have the other lights like you do they try to tell me my BCM was bad but as soon as I plug in my old cluster everything is fine so I know it's not that and when I run a proxy myself everything is good just get the failed part on the cluster
i have same problem
i upgrade cluster from 5" black and white to 7" Color. change type it in car configuration to 7" color. but in proxy alignment is have fault.
can you solve pproblem?
please update me

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have same problem
i upgrade cluster from 5" black and white to 7" Color. change type it in car configuration to 7" color. but in proxy alignment is have fault.
can you solve pproblem?
please update me
I haven't been able to figure this out. I honestly have no idea how some guys have pulled it off. I'm just living with it because a blinking odometer and a few fake alerts are no big deal to me.
I do have a hypothesis though. I think the peeps who managed to get a successful PROXY alignment had a different cluster than us (the Sport one vs the C one)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I haven't been able to figure this out. I honestly have no idea how some guys have pulled it off. I'm just living with it because a blinking odometer and a few fake alerts are no big deal to me.
I do have a hypothesis though. I think the peeps who managed to get a successful PROXY alignment had a different cluster than us (the Sport one vs the C one)
It is strange I tried all the items and the only problem is the IPC proxy No other problems with other proxies. I was even able to change the tpms once but not the next time. I don't know what happened

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,411 Posts
I would think that there would be warning posted somewhere if the TIPM pressure threshold allowed only a limited number of changes.
I know on a DVD player, I'm only alllowed a couple of Region changes to the player before it doesn't allow any more changes. But at least it warns me of this.
Try giving it some time or contact alfaobd? Some modules have a re-initialize or something like that on the menu where you can wipe or normalize any previous changes.
If the number of changes is limited, I wonder why they would do that?

61 - 75 of 75 Posts