Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious does any one uses 5W30 viscosity

Incase anyone did , Have you notice any diffrences between 5w30 and 5w20 ?? Which one is better ?

and , What brand of engine oil you guys are using ??

Would you use it if you were living in a hot area like Pheonix, Arizona??

I was using 5w20 Mopar at first but I realize it was garbage and it was terrible for the engine because it causes Lifter sound in the engine "Tic Tic Tic" , and makes the engine to be much more noisy.

I switched over to Pennzoil 5w30 Ultra Platinum I have seen a huge diffrence . I never heard the Engine lifter sound ever again.

·
Registered
506 Posts
5w-30 was the standard oil fill on my 2012 Pentastar V6 and I've always used it. My 2018 RAM also with the 3.6 Pentastar calls for 5w-20 but the owner's manual says the use of 5w-30 is acceptable for the 3.6 (but not the 5.7). I think a person is safe to use either oil on the 3.6.

·
Super Moderator
1,763 Posts
In hotter climates the use of a higher viscosity oil won't hurt. The slight difference in the oil may affect fuel mileage, but probably not enough to notice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exactly correct. The thinner viscosity is only specified to meet the optimum fuel mileage target. No reason on Earth why a v6 can’t thrive on a high-quality 5w-30. The petroleum chemists on BITOG say tje Pennz platinum is good oil. Im running the 5w-20 pennz in my 2.4 right now and have no complaints.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts