Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I bought a 2015 200 limited as-is from a dealer about a month ago. It was an insurance salvage. The driver-side fender and headlamp had been damaged. No airbag deployment no frame damage. The dealer replaced the fender and headlamp.

My wife complained that the driver side low beam is considerably lower than the passenger beam and she is right. While I didn't know where the adjusting screws were located at until today, one of the things I noticed while exploring the engine compartment was this:

That is a plastic piece coming from the headlamp assembly that is over what looks to be a retainer clip of some sort. Logically, I want to say that the retainer clip should be holding that "bracket" in place...

Am I wrong in this? Should I loosen the fender and the headlamp assembly so I can get at that retainer clip and reattach the headlamp assembly like I think I should? Or should I be grabbing a bolt and washer, pushing the "bracket" down and bolting the sucker in?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update: I was able to adjust the headlamp just fine.

Here's a better pic of where that thing is located.

If that is supposed to be anchored... I want to understand the method. Lol. If someone could take a look at their's (you can see the angle of the shot because of that yellow cap.) I would greatly appreciate it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts