Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had DRL enabled in USA? How about using AlphaOBD to do it yourself? Does it turn on the LED strips or the Amber corner lights?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had the DRLs enabled at the dealer for most of the Chrysler vehicles I've bought. They did it for my 2012 200 convertible and just last week for a 2018 RAM pickup. I don't know specifically what the tech did but the DRLs work afterward. Which specific lights are used depends on the vehicle. On my 200 it is the turn signal lamps. On the RAM it uses the high beams at reduced intensity.

I had a 2012 Jeep that stumped the dealer and I had to buy an aftermarket device that hooked to the ODB port. It wasn't really a tuner because it couldn't change engine calibrations but it could do things like set the DRLs in several ways depending on your preference and also set the tire pressure alarm to a different pressure. Also recalibrate the speedometer. But for DRLs my first step is the dealer. It cost me $57 to get them turned on in my new RAM.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Took my car to my dealer and told me he couldn't do it. Wasn't really convinced because he had been in a rush. Also, because they were upgrading the software. I am going to try and rewire them from an item from Amazon.

Hooshion Car LED Controller Daytime Running Light Lamp DRL Auto On/Off Switch Controller 12V for Auto Car Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010NEO5HQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qAEdBb9MGY2YN

Not really sure where the led strip ground and positive cables are at, if something could post a picture that would help save a ton of time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you want DRL you're going to have to revamp the entire lighting system to the premium lighting group.

Although its solved just by flipping on parking lights as you drive.
I seen LX versions that dont even have the LED headlight strip at all. (Wtf right?)
I have an S and i just turn on parking and fogs at same time for DRL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did i7ygett with alpha and it works great. I have a 2015 limited really only does the headlights at lower power but it worked
Hey could you send me a backup of the Alpha OBD software you used? I have the chip to plug into OBD but not the app, which is $50 on Google play!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did it with alpha and it works great. I have a 2015 limited really only does the headlights at lower power but it worked
What other neat things were you able to accomplish with the Alfa software. I have been playing with the trial version a little and will be buying it eventually because of upgrades I want/need on my 18 ram. Definitely will be doing DRL with it on the 200, but I don't find much mention of this on the 200 forum, where as on the Ram forum, there is a LONG list of mods different ones have accomplished. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a2013 200 my dash board lights up are on when you start the engine and stay on till you turn it off the drive don't work. If they did would the led lights be the only lights that's would be on. I don't have a owner manual its been taken out when I purchase the car in early March

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
636 Posts
Welcome to the forums. There are many things that I found out about my car that I would have never known were there if I hadn't read the manual:

Not all markets got DRL and some can't even be enabled with the sales code. I was able to enable 'combination lighting' on my 2016 which turns on both the white LED strips and amber parking lamps together. It is a nice look and adds a margin of safety/visibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts