Chrysler 200 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi
this is my user manual
Font Rectangle Paper Carmine Paper product

96k km looks too much for copper plugs, isn't it?
Anyway since yesterday night the car run good and smoothly, better than Christine the 57 Plymouth 馃槅.
Now I'm going for one week holiday with it, and when I'll be back I'll change the plugs, copper or platinum.
I think the vent/purge hose was the main problem.
I'll post some holiday pics, I hope. 馃槅

Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
Yes, the NGK can be used in place of Champion.
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Registered
They don't look to bad, the one has some additive deposits and they look to be of a colder range that the new one, which could be why the plug has deposits on them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
They don't look to bad, the one has some additive deposits and they look to be of a colder range that the new one, which could be why the plug has deposits on them.
Ok
The old ones have 130000 km on it.
IMHO if i will fix the spacer between two electrodes to 1,1 mm I can use those again.
I'll keep those how emergency spare parts.

Administrator
The old ones are platinum tips and not even the correct range. They are FR5CP(?) plugs, the correct plug is ZFR5F-11.
Notice the tip extension/reach difference into the combustion chamber:

Water Automotive tire Wood Table Drinkware

The NGK spark plug part number deciphering chart.
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Today i drove the car with new spark and also new coils.
The ECU messages disappeared. The car back smooth and soft and also keep 1500 rpm with 6 gear at about 80 kmph.
Thanks a lot for your detailed help. I solved a big problem with your support.
Next step will be change the fuel pump because one way valve doesn't work properly and the cold start are a little problematics.
I ear that Carter pumps are good. Are available also for my car?

Registered
There may be a sticker under the hood that notes the spark plug and gap.

Have not heard of issues with carter. Delphi is also a good choice. Avoid Airtex, seems prone to early (within a year) failure.

Administrator
Carter was the Chrysler OEM fuel system supplier for decades. Chrysler had to go to Bosch for early EFI systems while Carter & Holley were still making carburetors in the 1980's. Eventually they caught up with technofogy. EFI was the way to go.

There have been posts about certain fuel pump brands to avoid. I have not experienced problems with replacement OEM pumps, so I will let you do the research.

If there are repeated fuel pump failures, it is a good idea to look inside the tank for contamination. Sometimes a tank can be drained & cleaned. If you can't reach the far corners inside the tank to wipe it down, replace the tank.

The ED3 fuel pump is different than the EDG (PZEV) fuel pump.
You want a Mopar 68004475AE or equivalent.

Always handle fuel with skin & eye protection in a well-ventilated area. Keep any possible ignition sources away.

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Elbow

Reactions: giuseppe_200

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Today exhaust emission control. The garage told me the exhaust are in excellent conditions.
By the way with new spark plugs now the cold start are back to the normal . I have more time to search in Europe the fuel pump.
Yellow Gas pump Red Gas Electronic device

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Carter was the Chrysler OEM fuel system supplier for decades. Chrysler had to go to Bosch for early EFI systems while Carter & Holley were still making carburetors in the 1980's. Eventually they caught up with technofogy. EFI was the way to go.

There have been posts about certain fuel pump brands to avoid. I have not experienced problems with replacement OEM pumps, so I will let you do the research.

If there are repeated fuel pump failures, it is a good idea to look inside the tank for contamination. Sometimes a tank can be drained & cleaned. If you can't reach the far corners inside the tank to wipe it down, replace the tank.

The ED3 fuel pump is different than the EDG (PZEV) fuel pump.
You want a Mopar 68004475AE or equivalent.

Always handle fuel with skin & eye protection in a well-ventilated area. Keep any possible ignition sources away.

View attachment 60249
Best value for money? Any help?
Blue Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

Tks

Administrator
The Delphi FG1139 doesn't state if it is for PZEV or not.
If the manufacturers could have one part number cover all applications, they would.
Other manufacturers (and Mopar) use separate part numbers for PZEV (EDG) and Non-PZEV (ED3). Something is different about them. What exactly, I don't know.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Number

The Carter P76509M states that it is for Non-PZEV (ED3, which your car is).

So Giuseppe, when do you begin your vacation? 馃槈

Reactions: kdt1970

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The Delphi FG1139 doesn't state if it is for PZEV or not.
If the manufacturers could have one part number cover all applications, they would.
Other manufacturers (and Mopar) use separate part numbers for PZEV (EDG) and Non-PZEV (ED3). Something is different about them. What exactly, I don't know.

View attachment 60254

The Carter P76509M states that it is for Non-PZEV (ED3, which your car is).

So Giuseppe, when do you begin your vacation? 馃槈
These are the suitable from my car.
Blue Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

About vacation, I'm still on holiday but in the spare time I fix the car by myself, sparkplugs and coil are very easy to change.

Administrator
Lovely. I like being out in the woods myself. Every October, I rent a cabin for a week in Letchworth park.
The days are cooler, there aren't as many insects & being the off-season, the park isn't crowded. Maybe just some bow hunters. Peace & quiet.
My favorite time of year.
This was my previous car. A 2007 Caliber.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: giuseppe_200

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
For a couple of years, many years ago I lived in a small town in Maine, old orchard beach. All over in that place was like your place, peace and quiet.
There are some Dodge caliber in Italy, 90% with VW diesel engine and manual gearbox.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts