Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I like to get my hands dirty in my garage.;) Rarely but still occasionally use a grease gun to lubricate engine parts. I sometimes don't have enough arm strength so I want to get an electric gun. I trust the brand DEWALT and here https://guruchoicelab.com/automotive/grease-guns/ speak highly of it. Do I need to be qualified for this tool or can a beginner use it?

·
Super Moderator
2,089 Posts
When needed, I always used a hand pump grease gun. The new cars have few, if any, zerk fittings to lube.
Seems like an expensive item just to lube a couple of fittings.
As for a beginner. Does it have a pressure adjustment ? Too much grease can blow out the seals.
Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That dewalt grease gun is pretty nice. It's fantastic for greasing large industrial bearings while avoiding arthritis pain from hand pumping. If you know how to use a regular grease gun, you will have no trouble figuring it out. The only difference is the motor does the pumping for you.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
977 Posts
The 200/Sebring/Avenger have no grease fittings. Aftermarket joints might.
I would want to meter the amount of grease I put in. The best way to do this is to use a hand pump.
You want to 'balloon' the joint seal. If grease pushes out, you've added too much. More isn't better.
If grease can come out, water, dirt and salt can get in.
Most shops use air pressure to pump oil, we hardly use grease anymore (maybe on older trucks).
I smell spam.

Reactions: fltru103
1 - 4 of 4 Posts