Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve had my 2017 Ltd platinum for about a year now. Approaching 60kmi, and my warranty is almost out.
That being said; I love this car for what it is, but do not like my 2.4l or the Tran.

I can either eat the negative equity I’ve incurred (close to 7gs) or pay it off and make it fast.
How feasible is this? I haven’t seen a single eng/Tran swap on these everywhere I’ve looked. I know working with the gear shifter might limit transmissions I have access too. I’d be redoing my suspension as well, I just wonder what would be the easier routes if any, what would the frame in this car be able to handle and so on.
Tia!

·
Super Moderator
1,859 Posts
With the associated electronics that run everything on most new cars, an engine swap on a new 200 would be a task of getting most things to coordinate with all the computers and sensors.
In my opinion, you would lose time ( money ) and the costs ( money ) of replacing many items in any attempt to get the entire system to communicate with the on board computerized electronics.
Can it be done ? Of course, with enough money and time, anything can be done.
You would surely lose more then 7 thousand in that quest, and the car would be worthless afterward. Valuable only to you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You might get a bit better driveability and shift quality by updating you PCM and TCM to the latest and greatest software version:
The TCM update is addressed in TSB # 21-035-18A which I could not find an online reference for.

After the updates, have them realign/reset the PROXI configuration and perform a Quicklearn.

Mine now shifts as smooth as butter since the updates and I am happy.
The good old days of Hot Rodding cars is now extremely complex and difficult.
It would be more sensible to find a V6 200C or 200S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts