Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to locate a set of the brackets to allow the install of 340mm rotors on my 2013 200S

I have tried to PM and post to Polygon who had a set for sale but have not received and response

If anyone else knows how to contact him or if anyone else has access to a set of these brackets please let me know.

Mopar part # 68185425AA

Or if there is another cross reference model these come from?

Ready to Paypal

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a set of the abutements and a set of dual piston calipers, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to use them. Let me know if you want me to look through my records to see where I got them from. I had no issues ordering them whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I got my brackets through BRR over on www.avengerforumz.com, not sure if they're now more common but he had some then and couldn't be bought through normal Mopar vendors here in the States at the time. The calipers, hardware, and brake pads were all for my Sister's Challenger R/T Classic Super Track Pack, hoses may have been too. I ordered the pads and rotors through R1 Concepts for 2014 200s with that package for my fronts then matching stock pads and rotors for the back. All the Challenger parts I ordered through the dealership the cars were bought at so if there was some sort of issue that required use of the extended warranty I have, the excuse of "low grade aftermarket replacements" can't be used.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got mines online. 36 bucks a piece. I'm sure all current dodge dual piston calipers are the same.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried several online sources and dealers. The Export brackets are national back order with no ETA. However, I did find replacement caliper/bracket sets on RockAuto for 2013 Avenger w/340mm brakes so I can only assume they will work properly. Are those 20s and what offset / tire size did you use?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've tried several online sources and dealers. The Export brackets are national back order with no ETA. However, I did find replacement caliper/bracket sets on RockAuto for 2013 Avenger w/340mm brakes so I can only assume they will work properly. Are those 20s and what offset / tire size did you use?
NO those will not work, they have different steering knuckle than the ones on the 200...the bolt holes in the bracket are 1/2" to 3/4" too far apart. I know because I tried that myself. I ended up using the calipers on my Wife's Charger and tossed the incorrect brackets in the recycle bin (the bolt holes were way to small to use on a 2016 Charger, but they would have worked on a 2010 and older Charger).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it looks like I'm screwed then. If I cant get the brackets then the rest is moot. Only other option is the twin-piston calipers and 330mm brakes from the Journey, but that will require a custom rotor. Geezuz. No wonder people throw up their hands and just buy a different car with actual aftermarket support.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Avenger and 200 have different steering knuckles? What? I thought the Avenger/200 were sister cars? I thought the brackets I've been trying to get were for euro-spec Avenger with 340mm brakes?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Avenger and 200 have different steering knuckles? What? I thought the Avenger/200 were sister cars? I thought the brackets I've been trying to get were for euro-spec Avenger with 340mm brakes?
The regular Avenger has the same knuckle as the 200, it is the Avenger R/T with big brake package that has different knuckles...you could try to order the knuckles & brackets for one of those. (Chargers have the same issue: they use different knuckles for Brembo brakes than the regular brakes).

·
Registered
50 Posts
I
I have 19's with 35mm inset, also i got 2" Centric Hub Adapters on all corners. And the rockauto brake/bracket kit wont fit. I've tried already. Caliper works tho.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The regular Avenger has the same knuckle as the 200, it is the Avenger R/T with big brake package that has different knuckles...you could try to order the knuckles & brackets for one of those. (Chargers have the same issue: they use different knuckles for Brembo brakes than the regular brakes).
Can't find a parts listing for the different knuckles...shoot me now! LOL

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
So far as I know, the Avenger, 200, and Sebring should use all of the same parts up front, unless there might be different parts for the V6 cars or the convertibles?!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This big brake police package for export is obviously a different animal. The order I placed for brackets from Tasca was cancelled this morning. Same deal, national backorder, no ETA. I still have an order placed with BAM but not hopeful it will be any different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts