Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2013 200 from a buy here pay here I’ve had it for a yr now only have had a few minor problems but the few times I have I always hook up my code reader and every time I do I get the same code p2000 and everything I’ve looked up it doesn’t exactly give me the answer but I do know it’s got to do with my fuel system and it says injector charge problem idk a whole lot about cars I know it doesn’t have the power it should have, the gas cape sign shows up on my dash every now and then which also has my check engine light come on but idk if I have a electrical problem too cause when I go to put my turn signal on my windshield wipers kick on too I’ve bought parts for it like the coil packs but I don’t have the resources to get it done or to do it myself and my biggest stresser is to be paying on a car that don’t run and I have a baby on the way so I wanna get it fixed so when that time comes I know I have a dependable car so any suggestions or ideas are really needed cause idk what to do..

·
Super Moderator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
911 Posts
Welcome to the forum. P2000 would not apply to this car. It comes back to a diesel NOx trap code.
Some generic OBDII code readers may not play nice on all cars. Try stopping in at your friendly, neighborhood auto parts store and use theirs. Many of them will print out what is found. Fault codes should stay in PCM memory for 40+ starts or so. The 'ck eng' light doesn't have to be on. Don't buy any parts yet. Always diagnose first.
The gA5CAP message indicates a large or gross evaporative fuel vapor leak.
The wiper or multifunction switches in the steering column may have an issue, but wouldn't be related to the above
Did you buy coil packs for the lack of power? Which engine? How many miles? The non-PZEV 2.4L would come with the 30K mile Copper (NGK?) spark plugs.
Congrats with the baby on the way. Let's see what we can do about the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts