Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My son totaled his car a week before thanksgiving. So he found a 200 a and fell in love. He wants fog lights but after market don't give him thr look he wants.
So my question is can I buy factory lights without going to the dealer? if so where?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check out one of the online Mopar parts & accessory sites. Enter the VIN # and then search for the fog lights etc. That will give you part #'s and prices. i then take the part # and check Ebay to see if lower prices are available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out one of the online Mopar parts & accessory sites. Enter the VIN # and then search for the fog lights etc. That will give you part #'s and prices. i then take the part # and check Ebay to see if lower prices are available.
Thax Bob, I really didn’t know where even to look .

·
Registered
2016 Chrysler 200s 2.4L
113 Posts
You may have a problem trying to install OEM fog lights... "If" you actually have the wiring for them within the car's wiring harness you will have to replace the headlight stalk (for fog light switch) then you will have to have the TIPM reprogrammed to include the fog light functions... New cars don't easily allow add-ons even if they are for your specific model (200)... Radio/heated seats/fog lights/higher end headlights and even the electrical rack-and-pinion requires programming that FCA may or may not support... If you chose to add the fog lights with a generic power switch and bypass the TIPM and run your own wires then you may make it work... The plastic mounting parts are also different on like the LX and the S models... I rebuilt a 2016 200s that was damaged in the front end and did a lot of parts searching... The trim parts vary in color and design from model to model... There are numerous different headlight assemblies and each require a different wiring harness... If you are unlucky enough to require a rack-and-pinion you CAN NOT replace it with a used one as it has a "one time" programming function and you are forced to buy a NEW OEM unit and then have it programmed to the car... It was a shock to find how limited you are with many new makes and models of cars...
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the information I had no idea. Looks like we’ll just stick with the after market ones he has and try and find a good spot to place them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts