Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about replacing my resonator with straight pipe and my big ol' chrysler muffler with a flowmaster super 10...
Is this a good idea? I've seen some videos online of V6's with the super 10 and they sound awesome!! What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a custom 3" and all I have is a glass pack used as a resonator and its loud if your driving but if your just coastingyou caint even hear or tell its running lol and the idle sounds amazing I've had nothing but compliments on how awsome it sounds from older and younger people its pretty hard to make this motor sound crapy

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
3" all the way back? Flow velocity ruined, engine runs worse. Really hope it's not 3" all the way.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well 1 I have a 2013 so I'm hoping lol and 2 no car runs better then ever it runs soo much smoother with the exhaust on and it actualy had quit a diffrence in performance aswell and lol when it comes out I have some tricks I will be pulling out

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick update:
Ordered the Super 10 on Thursday, it'll be here Monday and I'll have it installed either Monday or Tuesday. My exhaust shop said if I bring them the muffler they will delete my resonator and install the new muffler for just $150! That's a great deal!! I'll have a youtube video of before and after up the day I get it, I'll add the link to this post!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Quick update:
Ordered the Super 10 on Thursday, it'll be here Monday and I'll have it installed either Monday or Tuesday. My exhaust shop said if I bring them the muffler they will delete my resonator and install the new muffler for just $150! That's a great deal!! I'll have a youtube video of before and after up the day I get it, I'll add the link to this post!
Sweet, post up when you have it!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Jesus H. Christ, I'm jealous.

I really, really want this now but I'm scared it'll be too much drone for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tomorrow night I can make you an inside video if you'd like!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
30mph: No drone
40mph: Very very little drone
50mph: Very little drone
55-60mph: Some drone
60-65mph: Getting somewhat annoying
70mph: A little much, but certainly not over bearing

If there is a conversation in the car or the stereo is at least on you don't hear the drone.
Under 1500RPM my car is literally silent, 1500-2250RPM is where it usually is over 55MPH, which has some drone.

Overall its tolerable, I will still make the video some time this week when I have time!

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Tomorrow night I can make you an inside video if you'd like!
That'd be fantastic. No rush though!

I mean I'm already super convinced about this. But I also like relaxing every once in a while, and I do travel on the highway pretty frequently.

Before I put my suitcase muffler back on, I had straight pipes with a Flo-Pro muffler to act as a "resonator" of sorts..basically to eliminate rasping, but it was still a muffler. Come to think of it, I bet the sound was pretty much what you have now, but a little less raspy than yours. Take a listen if you wanna compare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei4ErdNFNsg. With the straight pipes + Flo-Pro, the drone whilst cruising anywhere from 10-60MPH was pretty much non-existent. It's when I'm accelerating that the whole cabin fills up with HMMMM, to the extent that it overpowers whatever music I have on until I have the music on high volume. In other words, if there are other passengers in the car, they'll wonder WTF is wrong with my car. It was hilariously loud but in a bad way.

You're saying it doesn't drone when you're going at a certain speed. Yeah, true, for whatever reason our cars almost never drone when cruising under highway speeds. But it's the drone whilst accelerating that forced me to stick my suitcase muffler back on.

Basically if it's >2x the noise of the suitcase muffler + resonator delete, whilst accelerating, then I guess I'll stick with the 'ol suitcase. That's really the question I'd love for you guys to to answer, especially since both of you have had the resonators removed before changing out the mufflers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts