Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I go about to install a fog light system on my 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited, when it never had any on it.
I did change out the OEM Headlight Switch, and installed the OEM Headlight/Fog Light Switch.
  • The computer dose not have the electrical hook-ups where the wires for the F.L.s to go.
    What to do?

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
How can I go about to install a fog light system on my 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited, when it never had any on it.
I did change out the OEM Headlight Switch, and installed the OEM Headlight/Fog Light Switch.
  • The computer dose not have the electrical hook-ups where the wires for the F.L.s to go.
    What to do?
A quick assumption on my part. It has a different wiring harness. I'm sure working with a dealer parts man you could find it.
There are a few different threads on the subject. Here is one: Fog light install on a 2015 200 limited

·
Registered
106 Posts
On the top of missing wiring on other level models the TIPM has not been programmed to support added fog lights... FCA controls what is available on what models even "if" you did change to a wiring harness that would provide the needed wiring...

It would be near impossible to say add a heated driver/passenger seat on my 2016 200s from a 200c model as that "option" is not in my model's list... Now of course you can run a fused 12 volt B+ line to a switch and then to the fog lights BUT .....you would not be able to use the fog light switch on the steering wheel stalk as it is designed to talk to the TIPM and it would request the TIPM to turn on a non-existent "option"...

I could manually add the heated seats by adding relays and circuitry bypassing Chrysler's controls "if" it was worth it to me...
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts