Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have to replace the active grill shutter motor on the 2015 200 yet.. or am I the 1st :(((((

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm always the 1st :( lol yes they tell me it is :) They said ice build up made them stick open and I guess some how it burned the motor out, I hope I don't have to do this every time it snows :(

·
Registered
122 Posts
so I had to go look at my car to see this grill motor. What is the intent? air flow? Mine are open when the car s off. I assume the close when you are up to speed. Did you get some error code or cel telling you it was bad?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
engine light came on and took it to the dealership, I forget the code but they took it apart and found it wasn't working..it closes at a certain speed to help with aero for better gas mileage

·
Registered
201 Posts
Had these on my Dart also and although there were some people that had the motor burn out I never had the problem up here in the snowy great white North. Always was worried when I brought it to the car wash in winter but never had a problem.

Hope the 200 is the same.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had these on my Dart also and although there were some people that had the motor burn out I never had the problem up here in the snowy great white North. Always was worried when I brought it to the car wash in winter but never had a problem.

Hope the 200 is the same.

Thanks! went yesterday but didn't have the part I :((( I was just driving in a snow storm and the next morning the light was on, We drive in a lot of snow storms here ... Hope it doesn't do this all the time :((( think its time for a Dart lol

·
Registered
871 Posts
Every time I go up my driveway in snow I have to use a wooden spoon to clean out the snow that the wheels love to pack inside or else I can't drive the car the next day and it partially melts and then freezes throwing off the balance. First car that I ever had this problem with. :eek:

Reactions: Black Knight

·
Super Moderator
2,606 Posts
^^ I have the same issue^^ I wonder if that's what caused the issue I had (defective sensor)

..do they all have active front grill shutters?

·
Registered
871 Posts
^^ I have the same issue^^ I wonder if that's what caused the issue I had (defective sensor)

..do they all have active front grill shutters?
I thought they were all going to have them but the start-stop system was not ready yet. They were supposed to have it for the 4 cylinders I remember reading.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finally got the car in today and it wasn't the motor... a wire broke off and that was stopping it from working ...im giving up lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a CEL from this, they needed to replace the wire harness and the CEL went off, it was from the Active Grill Shutters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car is in CA, less than 25,000 miles on the car and they are telling my shutters broke and NO they are not covered under warranty...... They state that the grill has a dink and that it most likely caused them to break .. They stated they have had several issues with these but NO a plastic shutter in the front of the car is not a poor design. ??. Cost to fix it $643.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have to replace the active grill shutter motor on the 2015 200 yet.. or am I the 1st :(((((

I have a 200 here in CA and my car is only 18 mo old and has less than 25,000 miles on it and they told me mine need to be replaced.... NO mine is not under warranty because they stated there was a dink in my grill that most likely caused them to break. They stated there have been several people with this issue, but NO it is not a poor design

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brought my 200 is for recall work on the crimp wires to the transmission sensors. Drove away and five minutes later my check engine light comes on. Now they are telling me that my AGS needs work. And they are going to have to pull my bumper off to investigate because they can't see the problem. Seems fishy to me.

·
Super Moderator
1,957 Posts
Brought my 200 is for recall work on the crimp wires to the transmission sensors. Drove away and five minutes later my check engine light comes on. Now they are telling me that my AGS needs work. And they are going to have to pull my bumper off to investigate because they can't see the problem. Seems fishy to me.
Let us know what they say. Haven't seen too many complaints about the shutters. Hopefully you are still under the basic warranty.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts