Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have to replace a front lower control arm yet? I have no idea how this happened, just started to notice some light clunking over bumps on the left side, my left front control arm bushing is pretty much gone.

Automotive tire Tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Synthetic rubber

· Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My passenger side or right side lower control arm bushing is now done as well. Car is over 100K miles, and the drivers side went out around 80K miles or so - I don't recall.

For the people here and all the non-registered web searchers/forum browsers below is a good link for DIY'ers on to replace them - a Dodge Dart is basically a small 200 2nd gen or the 200 is a big fancy Dodge Dart with an available V6 however you want to see it.

You will need to remove the front fascia support beam on the side where you replace the lower control arm - this is in order to remove the front horizontal bolt attaching the lower control arm to the front suspension cross-member. I didn't see these details in the above posted service manual instructions, I wonder if that service manual is for a first gen 200 (11-14)?

Reactions: Sleeper200c

· Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I know that you will also need some "E" torx sockets...
E20 for the forward facing and bottom control arm bolt and E16 for the bottom ball joint pinch bolt... car is sitting on jacks at the moment waiting for parts. Replacing the whole control arm instead of just the bushing because the bottom of the bushing / control arm was damaged. Odd that I don't recall running over anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts