Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
2012 w/ 140,000 on the clock. Passenger front arm, rear bushing failed inspection.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread Car

Shop wanted $410 parts and labor to replace entire arm. Drivers side passed but on last legs. I got it out in like an hour and one you tube video. Hard part was not having right tool for sway bar end links. Moog or equivalent arm w/ bushings $80ish at RA.
Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

The blown bushing alone is like $15. I'll pay the $60 not to fight it out/in and replace the front bushing at the same time. So far, the difficulty level is lower than doing a complete strut.

· Registered
15 Posts
Trick for putting it back in: rear bolt first, then ball joint, front bolt last. Both arms, both outer tie rod ends, hella branded bulb, $200 plus my time. Shop would have been $1100 plus. Took if for a thrash, gonna wait on the alignment because feels good so far.
Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle brake Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system

Reasonable to assume fresh bushings impacting recent alignment after struts. Didn't touch the struts and old ones not that wasted. Way old school toe gauge works well for keeping it close to where ya found it when doing the tie rod ends. The Moogs are about one full turn shorter than OE and ya can see it on the bench.

Mark the jamb nut, back it off 1 full turn. Pop end out of knuckle, count turns while removing. Count turns while replacing, line up end w/ knuckle, add / sub turn or two to line it up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts