Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new and wanted to do a posting on my experience which started yesterday with my car telling me I had a Right Front Turn Signal Lamp Out! I quickly stopped at Canadian Tire and the young chap picked out the bulbs I needed. I popped the hood in the parking lot thinking this would be a snap to change. Well 10 minutes later with sore dirty hands I gave up and drove home.

This morning I got back to it, turning the socket 1/4 turn counter clockwise and then trying to pull it out --- no go! Was just about at the stage where I would commit to removing the whole Light Assembly when I found this forum.

After registering I did a search for front signal light and found a post from 2013 where the guy had the same problem as I and it turns out he was trying to remove the wrong socket. Well now, I thought to myself while laughing- thats a rookie mistake. After reading further he stated the socket is the closest one to the fender...(oh oh I said) -- go out to my car, pop the hood, and look - busted out laughing as I too was trying to work with the wrong socket.

A note for everyone that has trouble removing the turn signal lamp - it does come out by hand - no tools required.

This forum saved me a lot of trouble and possibly a trip to the garage.

·
Registered
169 Posts
First off, welcome. Remember, there is a huge difference for a 2013 200 and a 2015/2016 200, so you need to be specific on what you ask and what you read. Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new and wanted to do a posting on my experience which started yesterday with my car telling me I had a Right Front Turn Signal Lamp Out! I quickly stopped at Canadian Tire and the young chap picked out the bulbs I needed. I popped the hood in the parking lot thinking this would be a snap to change. Well 10 minutes later with sore dirty hands I gave up and drove home.

This morning I got back to it, turning the socket 1/4 turn counter clockwise and then trying to pull it out --- no go! Was just about at the stage where I would commit to removing the whole Light Assembly when I found this forum.

After registering I did a search for front signal light and found a post from 2013 where the guy had the same problem as I and it turns out he was trying to remove the wrong socket. Well now, I thought to myself while laughing- thats a rookie mistake. After reading further he stated the socket is the closest one to the fender...(oh oh I said) -- go out to my car, pop the hood, and look - busted out laughing as I too was trying to work with the wrong socket.

A note for everyone that has trouble removing the turn signal lamp - it does come out by hand - no tools required.

This forum saved me a lot of trouble and possibly a trip to the garage.
Thank you so much we were doing the same thing, came across your forum and you saved us and we could get it switch in a few mins

1 - 5 of 5 Posts