Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new and wanted to do a posting on my experience which started yesterday with my car telling me I had a Right Front Turn Signal Lamp Out! I quickly stopped at Canadian Tire and the young chap picked out the bulbs I needed. I popped the hood in the parking lot thinking this would be a snap to change. Well 10 minutes later with sore dirty hands I gave up and drove home.

This morning I got back to it, turning the socket 1/4 turn counter clockwise and then trying to pull it out --- no go! Was just about at the stage where I would commit to removing the whole Light Assembly when I found this forum.

After registering I did a search for front signal light and found a post from 2013 where the guy had the same problem as I and it turns out he was trying to remove the wrong socket. Well now, I thought to myself while laughing- thats a rookie mistake. After reading further he stated the socket is the closest one to the fender...(oh oh I said) -- go out to my car, pop the hood, and look - busted out laughing as I too was trying to work with the wrong socket.

A note for everyone that has trouble removing the turn signal lamp - it does come out by hand - no tools required.

This forum saved me a lot of trouble and possibly a trip to the garage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new and wanted to do a posting on my experience which started yesterday with my car telling me I had a Right Front Turn Signal Lamp Out! I quickly stopped at Canadian Tire and the young chap picked out the bulbs I needed. I popped the hood in the parking lot thinking this would be a snap to change. Well 10 minutes later with sore dirty hands I gave up and drove home.

This morning I got back to it, turning the socket 1/4 turn counter clockwise and then trying to pull it out --- no go! Was just about at the stage where I would commit to removing the whole Light Assembly when I found this forum.

After registering I did a search for front signal light and found a post from 2013 where the guy had the same problem as I and it turns out he was trying to remove the wrong socket. Well now, I thought to myself while laughing- thats a rookie mistake. After reading further he stated the socket is the closest one to the fender...(oh oh I said) -- go out to my car, pop the hood, and look - busted out laughing as I too was trying to work with the wrong socket.

A note for everyone that has trouble removing the turn signal lamp - it does come out by hand - no tools required.

This forum saved me a lot of trouble and possibly a trip to the garage.
Thank you so much we were doing the same thing, came across your forum and you saved us and we could get it switch in a few mins

·
Registered
'13 200 Droptop
5 Posts
I know this is an old thread but which bulb # did you use? I found
"Torchbeam 3157 Turn Signal LED Bulbs Front Rear, 300% Brighter Amber Yellow 3156 3056 3057 4157 4057 3457, 3000 Lumens Daytime Running Side Marker Parking Tail Cornering Light Bulb, Pack of 2" online. It says it will fit my 2013 droptop.

Sounds general, a.k.a. one size fits all but did you use one of these #'s?

·
Registered
'13 200 Droptop
5 Posts
I know this is an old thread but which bulb # did you use? I found
"Torchbeam 3157 Turn Signal LED Bulbs Front Rear, 300% Brighter Amber Yellow 3156 3056 3057 4157 4057 3457, 3000 Lumens Daytime Running Side Marker Parking Tail Cornering Light Bulb, Pack of 2" online. It says it will fit my 2013 droptop.

Sounds general, a.k.a. one size fits all but did you use one of these #'s?
I'm also seeing 3157NA for a size. I feel like that HP commercial where a guy is looking for a printer cartridge. :mad:

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,865 Posts
It is best to use the lamps specified for the job. If the LEDs work for you, that is fine.
The TIPM looks at 'current load' as it powers a circuit. Since LEDs draw less than a conventional, incandescent lamp, it may set 'lamp outage' or 'lamp open' codes.
The LED may need parallel resistors installed to mimic the current draw of an incandescent 1157A. The 'A' is for Amber. LL is for long-life.
Font Material property Parallel Number Rectangle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts