Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the fuel filter on a 2011 200? I'm at 45,000 miles and started thinking about changing it. I've checked around and I can't even find one listed for this car. Nothing in the maintenance schedule calls for it's replacement. Is the fuel just so clean nowadays it's just not needed? Or is the car just so good it can eat dirty fuel without problems? Or is it built into the pump and just too big to ever clog?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I hope it's good enough and big enough. Older cars had a strainer on the pickup but still had a filter downstream for the finer stuff that was replaced every 36,000 miles or so.

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,865 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The 200 has no serviceable factory fuel filter. No scheduled maintenance interval for it.
If you suspect a fuel contamination event has occurred, replace the pump strainer and clean out or replace the tank.
It is a 10-micron strainer that won't let water pass. If water has contaminated the fuel, it will sit at the bottom of the tank with the gas on top of it. Dry gas or ethanol will combine with water to keep it from freezing and hopefully allow it to burn off.

The aftermarket sells strainers, but I have never used them:
Font Circle Rectangle Magenta Paper

There are replaceable screens in the fuel injectors, but if these are clogging up, then you have bigger issues afoot.
Tool Microphone Gas Font Auto part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts