Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an older radar detector that has a wired remote mute switch in the power cord.
I want to hardwire it, but I am not sure what fuse would be the best to tap. I only want the detector to have power when the car is running. What fuse/s on the internal fuse box would be good to tap?

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,075 Posts
Welcome back. I think that the safest place to tap would be from the back-side of the power outlet (the one with the key symbol, not the battery symbol).

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, but I'm planning on using a "Fuse tap" to tap in at the fuse box. Like this: Fuse Tap
I'd like to use the interior fuse box. I'm just not sure which fuse would be the best since I only want the detector to have power when the car is running?

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,075 Posts
F43 looks like a good choice as the Front Washer Pump would use no where near 20 amps and should be 'ign on' only.
Verify this with a 12 v test light first.

Font Parallel Number Monochrome Pattern

Reactions: Southpaw32

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same situation, did slot F43 work for you? So far the fuses are all constant; I've tried F43 right now and it seems to be constant so far but not sure if its a timed switched fuse; this is for 2015 200
Disregard I just tapped into the passenger power socket. Doesn't seem like there is any switched sockets in the internal fuse box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts