Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i have 2016 200 with 9 speed and i want to know how many liter of oil's it does it takes in gearbox... (i want to change oil)

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
While I agree the owners manual says that fluid changes aren't required in normal driving conditions, I don't think you can ever be too cautious when it comes to maintenance. After all, the manufacturer isn't going to pay to repair the transmission when it fails out of warranty.

That being said - it looks like 3.5 quarts is what you can expect from a drain and fill situation.

·
Super Moderator
2,040 Posts
These transmissions are sensitive to fluid level. Here is a web page directing you how to make a dip stick to accurately measure the fluid level. Don't forget, you need a scan tool to test temperature of the oil.

This is a very informative web page all about the ZF transmissions. https://atracom.blob.core.windows.net/webinars/chrysler/948te_introduction.pdf

·
Registered
470 Posts
My 2 cents... I would only be concerned changing the ATF if over 125k and you plan on going another 100K. Over time water and condensation finds its way in there and can effect fluid level and performance. My Toyo Sequoia is a sealed trans, has 160k and from research, fluid change is needed too last 250k+ which these vehicles easily do. An ATF change can fix things like hanging in gears, harsh shifting..etc.

Reactions: fltru103
1 - 5 of 5 Posts