Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday's mail included the official letter from Chrysler about the extended warranty coverage for 3.6 motors. It covers 2011, 2012 and 2013 vehicles with the 3.6 and extends the warranty for the left side cylinder head to 10 years or 150,000 miles.

It says "We are extending the 3.6L engine left side cylinder head warranty period because some of the affected vehicle population may experience a valve guide and valve seat wear condition on the left cylinder head, which may result in misfire and subsequent illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL)."

It also covers the reimbursement for owner's who had repairs made out of pocket.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi campers, thought you might like this. Mine is a 2012 200 3.6. Engine light on, showed misfire. My dynamic mechanical team found misfire with a p0304 code. I bought this car used from a dealer. No knowledge of extended warranty. My mechanic found out about it. Chrysler actually agreed after a diagnostic on it. Currently at dealer being fixed. Be warned they'll try to convince you it's your spark plugs at first. It is a 2 day job, (showing 8 hours) engine must be cold can cause warping if warm.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi people I stumbled up this site & have been peeping yalls conversations. There are some very knowledgeable people here. Wish I had read these post sooner might have saved me some grief! Perhaps you guys can help me understand this extended warranty on a 3.6 cyl misfire? I have a 2014 Chrysler 200 Touring 3.6?Would it be covered?

· Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
3,087 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Which cylinder(s) is having misfire symptoms? Has the cylinder head been diagnosed as failed? How many miles? The TSB says that it only covers 2011-2013 for 10 years or 150K miles.

Anything above & beyond that would be up to the service manager or district service manager. They may have some flexibility where they would do 50/50 or buy the parts/you pay the labor. Or not. It never hurts to ask or to try to barter.
Gather any documentation that you have on the car's maintenance & repair history.

We have a factory member, @ChryslerCares here who may be able to offer some guidance & oversee any repairs, but they wouldn't be able to make a coverage decision on this. The evaluation would still have to be a local one. Good Luck.

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi people I stumbled up this site & have been peeping yalls conversations. There are some very knowledgeable people here. Wish I had read these post sooner might have saved me some grief! Perhaps you guys can help me understand this extended warranty on a 3.6 cyl misfire? I have a 2014 Chrysler 200 Touring 3.6?Would it be covered?
Hi its a silent recall on engine misfire. Covers 10 years or 150,000 miles. I never received anything for my 2012 limited. Luckily I hv 2 killer mechanics who found it. Chrysler was how we say not thrilled with my find. However after they examined my engine they agreed and had to rebuild it. However due to misfire for so long I now need a catalytic converter.

· Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
3,087 Posts
Thanks for chiming in. Are you getting the P0420 or P0430 fault codes & has the cat been verified to have failed?
There was a TSB # 18-102-16A that was a software update that addressed false code sets & other improvements. If you have not had this update, you may want to try it first.
Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Document

Font Number Screenshot Parallel Document

1 - 17 of 17 Posts