Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently did the uconnect 5.0 to 8.4 upgrade and was wondering about the antennas. I bought a gps antenna and installed it in the yellow/curry port and it is working. But how do i add sirius antenna? I believe it uses the same port. Infotainment has a dual antenna for $106 but wanted to avoid paying that much for antenna since my gps antenna was only $10. Is there only 1 port for sirius and gps? Do i need to get the dual antenna?

·
Registered
281 Posts
From what I understand the roof mounted antenna does both GPS and Sirius. The rear window antenna is for AM/FM.

The cable harness for the roof antenna should have 2 connectors to the radio, or you use the roof cable to the sirius/GPS port and the am/fm goes to the regular antenna port.

I beleive they should be colored the same as on the radio.

Blue GPS, Violet GPS Nav, Yellow SDARS (Sirius Satelite)

I have been trying to find out for sure, myself, for a while now.

I have read that once you plug the Sirius antenna in, the option for Sirius will appear on the radio.

·
Registered
281 Posts
As I mentioned, in another post, there are settings for the antenna in the BCM. You can set either antenna to active or passive, and you can turn each on or off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...I had to do this because I was ready for my install, and the antenna cable coming from the antenna is about 8 to 9 inches long. So I had to wait to put it where I wanted. What I would like answered is if I were to take the top off, find the original satellite antenna, disconnect that, and connect the new antenna to it, would that cord carry the same info to the radio?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts