Chrysler 200 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
2,077 Posts
Welcome to the forums. What year? What radio?

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
Follow the instructions to find out what software level your radio is at. I have included TSB # 08-010-20 that the dealer uses to determine software level and update the software as indicated:
If it does have to go to the dealer for updates, have them perform any pending updates for other modules like the PCM/TCM, etc.
Dealer policies vary, but they should be able to perform the updates under their minimum charge (usually 1 hr).

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
Just a word of caution for those it matters to:
HERE is a 3rd party vendor. They are not part of Chrysler or Uconnect. Proceed as you wish.

Reactions: fltru103

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all of the info. The dealership was NO help, they wouldn't even look at the system. They sent me to Best Buy to buy a new GPS. Looks like I have some homework to do!

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
Go to the link in post # 4.
Under 'Diagnosis', follow step # 4 to see your software version.
If you have a version that is obsolete, I would get the latest and greatest version installed.
If you do have the latest version, you can wait for a future release or follow fltru103's advice in post # 5.
I don't know why the dealer declined to assist you, but there are other dealers out there that should be willing to help if you need it.

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler 200C V6
7 Posts
Just wanted to check if this is a cellular problem. When you drive on a street, does the gps position you accurately on the map?

Have you seen a message, "Vehicle phone requires service, please contact dealer"?

·
Super Moderator
2,201 Posts
Just wanted to check if this is a cellular problem. When you drive on a street, does the gps position you accurately on the map?

Have you seen a message, "Vehicle phone requires service, please contact dealer"?
I have seen that message on my car. It was while the vehicle was still under warranty. After multiple attempts, the dealer finally replaced "radio/telematics gateway module". I haven't had the issue since then.
I actually took pictures of the screen saying "vehicle phone requires service" as the service department never heard of the problem.

·
Registered
857 Posts
The 2015 - 2017 200s all have the 'HERE' map system installed. My car is a 2015 that I have owned since new. I bought the map updates a few years ago now and as I recall the update was something like around $400 at the time. The update was in the form of a USB stick which I had to install myself.
About a year after I installed the update I had to have my radio replaced under warranty and during this process I lost my update. The dealer couldn't help me and they suggested that I just re-install the update myself, which sounded reasonable to me. I tried when I got home but it turned out that the update that I had purchased had a built in expiry meaning I couldn't update. I had to contact the 'HERE' people and it took me about a month or two before I had the problem resolved. They (reluctantly) issued me with a new installation code. Which worked. The bottom line is to me not worth the price or hassle. As someone else suggested just use you phone or perhaps purchase a good Garmin unit with FREE lifetime updates.
This is what you get when you buy the update from HERE.
Motor vehicle Gesture Font Sharing Gadget
Product Gadget Font Suit Motor vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 2015 - 2017 200s all have the 'HERE' map system installed. My car is a 2015 that I have owned since new. I bought the map updates a few years ago now and as I recall the update was something like around $400 at the time. The update was in the form of a USB stick which I had to install myself.
About a year after I installed the update I had to have my radio replaced under warranty and during this process I lost my update. The dealer couldn't help me and they suggested that I just re-install the update myself, which sounded reasonable to me. I tried when I got home but it turned out that the update that I had purchased had a built in expiry meaning I couldn't update. I had to contact the 'HERE' people and it took me about a month or two before I had the problem resolved. They (reluctantly) issued me with a new installation code. Which worked. The bottom line is to me not worth the price or hassle. As someone else suggested just use you phone or perhaps purchase a good Garmin unit with FREE lifetime updates.
View attachment 57852 View attachment 57853
I've been shopping for updates, found one for $150. I might try that out. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have seen that message on my car. It was while the vehicle was still under warranty. After multiple attempts, the dealer finally replaced "radio/telematics gateway module". I haven't had the issue since then.
I actually took pictures of the screen saying "vehicle phone requires service" as the service department never heard of the problem.
I haven't seen that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Go to the link in post # 4.
Under 'Diagnosis', follow step # 4 to see your software version.
If you have a version that is obsolete, I would get the latest and greatest version installed.
If you do have the latest version, you can wait for a future release or follow fltru103's advice in post # 5.
I don't know why the dealer declined to assist you, but there are other dealers out there that should be willing to help if you need it.
I'll try that, thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
View attachment 57852 View attachment 57853
Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The gps does position me accurately.

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
At the last half of 2019, Chrysler rolled out a FOTA (flash over the air). Do you remember doing this? This is the U.S. bulletin, Canada and Mexico may have had similar updates. See attached:

I believe the default position for the GPS in the U.S. is just outside San Antonio, Tx. I saw my car parked there once and I've never been there. From the TSB:

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,077 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What year? Do you know which radio?
The last FOTA update was in 2020. What issue are you having?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts