Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 200 Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been a 200 owner since 2016. I bought a 2015 LX 2.4L with 25,000 kms in April 2016. I really loved the car and found it to be very, very reliable and peppy despite what the online reviews were saying. The only thing I didn't like about it was how the speed control and the 9-speed would roar the engine on the big long hills in my area. Recently, as part of a Ram truck deal, I traded my 2015 Chrysler 200 LX for a 2013 Chrysler 200 Limited 3.6L. I also love the Limited and even though it has higher mileage it runs like new. Kudos to Chrysler for making such great cars!

Richard

·
2016 Chrysler 200 S, 1998 Sebring JX
565 Posts
I generally turn off my speed control and use my foot throttle in hilly areas.
It is so adamant about holding the set speed that it upshifts and downshifts often, in cases that wouldn't mind gaining or losing speed slightly.
The latest and greatest PCM and TCM software updates mention improved acceleration and offer shift schedules that might help tame speed control operation. It may also vastly improve the overall driving experience.
Have a Quicklearn and PROXI alignment performed to complete the service. Other modules may also have improved software flashes available that would save time and money having everything done at one visit with the tool plugged in.

PCM:

TCM:

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 200 Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I generally turn off my speed control and use my foot throttle in hilly areas.
It is so adamant about holding the set speed that it upshifts and downshifts often, in cases that wouldn't mind gaining or losing speed slightly.
The latest and greatest PCM and TCM software updates mention improved acceleration and offer shift schedules that might help tame speed control operation. It may also vastly improve the overall driving experience.
Have a Quicklearn and PROXI alignment performed to complete the service. Other modules may also have improved software flashes available that would save time and money having everything done at one visit with the tool plugged in.

PCM:

TCM:
Yeah, I was thinking there might be a fix like that. I inquired with the dealer about reprograming but they said it wasn't possible so I just got in ther habit of turning off speed control on the big hills.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts