Chrysler 200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fog lights with Halos installment on a Front lower Grill.
NOTE. Only for models without adaptive cruise control.

What you need.
1. Any 3.5 water proof fog lights with halos will do.
2. Lower grill part # 68202989AC. (this is the grill for adaptive cruise control sensor)
3. Foglight bezels.

resize_waterproof foglights with halos.jpg resize_lower grill.jpg resize_foglight bezel.jpg

Step 1. Remove the front bumber.
Step 2. Replace the lower grill.
Step 3. Attached the fog light bezels to the new grill.
Step 4. Attach fog lights. I used two L shaped brackets on each fog light to secure them in the back. You can use whatever works for you.
Step 5. Wiring. I completely disconnected my side markers and connected the fog lights instead.

Tip. I highly recommend you wrap the fog lights wires with electric tape, those wires do not look durable.

Links to parts (I can’t put actual links because I’m a newbie)

Fog lights
FISHBERG 2PCS Waterproof Projector LED Fog Light With Lens Halo Angel Eyes Rings COB 30W Xenon White Blue 12V SUV ATV Off Road Fog Lamp (3.5'', 2Pcs Fog Lights w/Yellow Halo)

Fog lights bezels
Chrysler 200 2016 2015 set of foglight bezels 15 - 16 LH RH OEM black

Lower grill
CHRYSLER OEM 15-16 200 Front Bumper-Lower Bottom Grille Grill 68202989AC

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Fog lights with Halos installment on a Front lower Grill.
NOTE. Only for models without adaptive cruise control.

What you need.
1. Any 3.5 water proof fog lights with halos will do.
2. Lower grill part # 68202989AC. (this is the grill for adaptive cruise control sensor)
3. Foglight bezels.

View attachment 49370 View attachment 49378 View attachment 49386

Step 1. Remove the front bumber.
Step 2. Replace the lower grill.
Step 3. Attached the fog light bezels to the new grill.
Step 4. Attach fog lights. I used two L shaped brackets on each fog light to secure them in the back. You can use whatever works for you.
Step 5. Wiring. I completely disconnected my side markers and connected the fog lights instead.

Tip. I highly recommend you wrap the fog lights wires with electric tape, those wires do not look durable.

Links to parts (I can’t put actual links because I’m a newbie)

Fog lights
FISHBERG 2PCS Waterproof Projector LED Fog Light With Lens Halo Angel Eyes Rings COB 30W Xenon White Blue 12V SUV ATV Off Road Fog Lamp (3.5'', 2Pcs Fog Lights w/Yellow Halo)

Fog lights bezels
Chrysler 200 2016 2015 set of foglight bezels 15 - 16 LH RH OEM black

Lower grill
CHRYSLER OEM 15-16 200 Front Bumper-Lower Bottom Grille Grill 68202989AC
can you point me in the right direction of the bezels? can't find them online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
also, only your halo comes on in the bottom grill, how so? why isn't the actual foglight coming on

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also,

is this all I need? I have a limited.

Yup, you attach those bezels on the front of the Lower grill (part # 68202989AC). The most tricky part is finding the best way to secure the fog lights in the back. I used L shaped brackets and some screws. They are still holding up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also, only your halo comes on in the bottom grill, how so? why isn't the actual foglight coming on

I didn't connect the actual fog lights because I just wanted the halos... My 200C already has fog lights (but I'll be replacing those ones soon and do another mod)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a place wanting to charge me 950 for halo install in headlight..is that a lot

That's a lot of money... I bought them for $186.96 and installed them myself. It was a little bit of time consuming and made few mistakes but in the end it all worked out.
Tip: measure the headlights from corner to corner and measure your oven to make sure they will fit to bake them, or you will have to use a heat gun... Painful.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's a lot of money... I bought them for $186.96 and installed them myself. It was a little bit of time consuming and made few mistakes but in the end it all worked out.
Tip: measure the headlights from corner to corner and measure your oven to make sure they will fit to bake them, or you will have to use a heat gun... Painful.

Wish you lived near Virginia haha I need someone like you around my way.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Haha yeah, now that I know what not to do... I'll probably do it again when/if we get the Pacifica.

where'd you get the L brackets from? And was it a certain size? Don't know much about car stuff so I appreciate the guidance..my friends going to do the install.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where'd you get the L brackets from? And was it a certain size? Don't know much about car stuff so I appreciate the guidance..my friends going to do the install.

You can get them at Walmart, home Depot or any hardware store. I'm not sure of the size but I hope the picture helps. I found my L shaped brackets laying around the house... I think my wife is still looking for them ha ha

·
Registered
45 Posts
This looks really freakin' good! I love the way your car looks! I've been thinking about removing the fogs and installing halos in their position but I had no idea I could do it the way you did. That way I get to keep the fog lights. Awesome job dude. I may be doing the same soon.

Also, I would love to install halos on the headlights but I paid to get a clear bra on the plastic when I first got the car so it'd be a waste for me to do that now. Maybe in the future when the bra starts looking all crusty from the rocks.

Really loving the look of your car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This looks really freakin' good! I love the way your car looks! I've been thinking about removing the fogs and installing halos in their position but I had no idea I could do it the way you did. That way I get to keep the fog lights. Awesome job dude. I may be doing the same soon.

Also, I would love to install halos on the headlights but I paid to get a clear bra on the plastic when I first got the car so it'd be a waste for me to do that now. Maybe in the future when the bra starts looking all crusty from the rocks.

Really loving the look of your car.
Thanks man. I'm glad I didn't get the safety tech package with adaptive cruise control so I could do this mod...not really :)
I find myself turning on the Halos every time I'm driving but the halos on the headlights only when I have the headlights on (they are wired independently)... I think I have too many Halos.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How did you get the halos in the headlights to turn on independently?
There is the low powered DRL, high powered DRL and side marker is all I can think of assuming you haven't added your own circuits and signals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How did you get the halos in the headlights to turn on independently?
There is the low powered DRL, high powered DRL and side marker is all I can think of assuming you haven't added your own circuits and signals.
I didn't wire the halos to anything. They go from the headlight housing to inline fuse to battery and the black just grounded. The rest runs straight through the firewall to inside the car to the control box. I replaced my remote control box with the Bluetooth one so I can turn on the Halos with my phone from about 6 feet away from the car.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you have to take off the front bumper? If you did, could you give a detailed how-to on the front bumper removal? Nice mod!
Yeah, you have to take the front bumper for mod. I believe there's already a post on how to remove it. Search "how to remove front bumper".

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts